Finally joining the community :)

Options
Hey friends! I'm a 24 year old recent university grad. I moved back in with my parents a few months ago to get my life on track, and so far so good. I've always struggled with my weight, always been bigger than the majority of my friends, and I have always wanted to be healthier. I have struggled A LOT with binge eating and lack of motivation for as long as I can remember, BUT on March 12th I decided no more! I have been exercising pretty much daily 20 mins elliptical cardio and then 20 mins strength training and have limited my calories to 1250 a day. I try to eat a lot of whole foods, vegetables and fruits with the occasional treat food, and so far things are going so well! I have lost 8lbs and two inches off my stomach, 2 off my waist and 1 off each thigh and calf. I find I have so much more energy and, surprise surprise, I actually am enjoying getting a solid workout in every day :) That is HUGE for me, as I have never been able to keep up an exercise program for more then a week before.

All that being said, I don't have a lot of motivation in my life. My family is supportive but eat a lot of less than healthy foods, and late night junk food is my boyfriends habit. Moving back home after 6 years away means I have far fewer friends here, and that is also hard. I could use a little online support :) I have used MFP to track calories for a few weeks but haven't posted anything, so I figured a new month is a good time to start! So, I'm here to say hello, and I hope to get to know some amazing like-minded people!

Replies

• psitzmary
    psitzmary Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren, and congrats on your 8 lbs lost!

I am new here as well. I have been doing MFP for 3 weeks and have lost 5 lbs. I want to lose minimum 50 lbs and it is said to do so healthily, it should take 6 months at 1 to 2 lbs a week. So, I quess that I am on track and finally doing it right.

I don't know how much you want to lose but as you stated, we are tired of :smile: the the up and down; the losing and gaining... and gaining more back that we lost. This time, I am willing to take my time and lose it right.

I don't have family support either. My husband eats what he wants. Fried food and chocolates. I am not jealous. I am good. I am working out as well using the mapmywalk app from this site. I love it. I love to walk and hike.

If you are looking for a support mate, plug me in. I can use one too. We have got a long way to go.

Mary~ :smile: