My Journey from 260 plus to 189

Options
Juggernaut_D
Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
I'm not really sure what it was that finally clicked in my brain to change everything - maybe it was my doctor telling me I was on the cusp of needing diabetes medication, or my insurance being more because I was overweight. Maybe it was because I was always tired, and felt I wasn't spending the quality time I thought I should with my kids, or it might have simply been seeing myself in photos, which I hated.
I think it was all the above, but on the day it happened, I never looked back. I stayed the course no matter how discouraged I got some days. I changed all my eating habits - eating as clean as I could manage. That meant no more fried foods, soda pop, bars, potato chips, or beer! Do I have a 'TREAT' meal? Yes I do. It's Friday night, where I will have one meal of whatever I like (but within my calories for the day!).
When I started I was over 262 lbs (I say 'over' because that was the last number I remember before I stopped weighing myself!). I started eating clean, and in a couple weeks I weighed myself and 262 was now my new start. I started adding a few workouts a week and the weight started dropping. I lost 15lbs before I joined MFP.com. I started counting calories, and continued with light workouts - learning everything I could about foods and exercise!
7-8 months later I reached my goal of getting below 200lbs!! Woohoo! and have learned to maintain my weight and add muscle too. Now I go to the gym 5-6 times a week and do a half hour of cardio on the days I don't.
It has been an amazing journey and there is NO WAY I could have done it without MFP and all my amazing friends on here!! I still remember getting a message one evening,when I didn't want to go to the gym, the read "You're an inspiration! Keep pushing!". How could I possibly sit there?! I got up and went to the gym.
My advise for anyone wanting to use MFP to help them lose weight: Don't cheat on your diary! You're cheating yourself! And not logging a day because you ate too much is silly! You ate it - own up to it! That's what MFP is for! This is for YOU! The support is here! Find friends who share the same goals, and keep pushing each other! This place is AWESOME!!!!!

gFdvzHLKIKOimzxvGeqrwDwlkLYQhOBhYSLH-610xh.jpg

Replies

• Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap Fatman her comes Dr Strange!! :smile: :laugh: (ya see what I did there huh... :wink: ) Hey, now you've got plenty of room in the front seat when you go crusin! Amazing job D!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!
  • bkRaeLynn
    bkRaeLynn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love your story. What an amazing accomplishment. You look great
  • BrittneyJ2006
    BrittneyJ2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome success. You look great. Thanks for sharing your journey.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Fantastic success, congratulations! You're very similar in starting weight, goal & age to me....thanks for the inspiration!
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what it was that finally clicked in my brain to change everything - maybe it was my doctor telling me I was on the cusp of needing diabetes medication, or my insurance being more because I was overweight. Maybe it was because I was always tired, and felt I wasn't spending the quality time I thought I should with my kids, or it might have simply been seeing myself in photos, which I hated.
    I think it was all the above, but on the day it happened, I never looked back. I stayed the course no matter how discouraged I got some days. I changed all my eating habits - eating as clean as I could manage. That meant no more fried foods, soda pop, bars, potato chips, or beer! Do I have a 'TREAT' meal? Yes I do. It's Friday night, where I will have one meal of whatever I like (but within my calories for the day!).
    When I started I was over 262 lbs (I say 'over' because that was the last number I remember before I stopped weighing myself!). I started eating clean, and in a couple weeks I weighed myself and 262 was now my new start. I started adding a few workouts a week and the weight started dropping. I lost 15lbs before I joined MFP.com. I started counting calories, and continued with light workouts - learning everything I could about foods and exercise!
    7-8 months later I reached my goal of getting below 200lbs!! Woohoo! and have learned to maintain my weight and add muscle too. Now I go to the gym 5-6 times a week and do a half hour of cardio on the days I don't.
    It has been an amazing journey and there is NO WAY I could have done it without MFP and all my amazing friends on here!! I still remember getting a message one evening,when I didn't want to go to the gym, the read "You're an inspiration! Keep pushing!". How could I possibly sit there?! I got up and went to the gym.
    My advise for anyone wanting to use MFP to help them lose weight: Don't cheat on your diary! You're cheating yourself! And not logging a day because you ate too much is silly! You ate it - own up to it! That's what MFP is for! This is for YOU! The support is here! Find friends who share the same goals, and keep pushing each other! This place is AWESOME!!!!!

gFdvzHLKIKOimzxvGeqrwDwlkLYQhOBhYSLH-610xh.jpg

Congrats man. I too lost 15lbs before joining MFP. Keep up the good work. Thank you for the extra motivation.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job!
  • oxsarahhxo
    Options
    sorry to be that girl but YOU'RE SO HOT.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I will try my best not to cheat
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look great.
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Awesome! Congratulations on your brilliant success :flowerforyou:
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    congrats you look fantastic!! thanks for sharing
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Nice job dude
  • missyhill99
    missyhill99 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Holy Molie my Hero you look awesome. way to stick with it. You are truly my inspiration :wink:
  • mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congradulations! I hope one day I can post a picture of myself that way. You look so confident. You are right about logging in everything, even on "bad" days. It is what it is. You got to be perfectly honest and real with yourself if you are going to succeed. Inspirational!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :flowerforyou:

You look great
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Thank you for the inspiration! Great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!