Cannot join swimming pool

Options
Today I went to look at the swimming pool near my flat.

Unfortunately, the yearly membership is 20,000 NT which is around $670 USD (yes, they actually have gym equipment as well, though they don't have spinning/Les Mills classes, but I'm already paying for a gym and even if I wasn't, this is more expensive than the gym). That is more than I would be able to pay in my wildest dreams. That's the cost of a Dolce and Gabbana shirt, and if I buy one less shirt due to paying for the gym, Kazimierz is just going to get upset that I don't have enough clothes -- and I don't want to provoke him even more. The most I would be willing to pay would be 6,000 NT/yr ($200 USD) and even THAT is pushing it.

I am grateful that my parents took me to swimming lessons regularly and to the swimming pool throughout my childhood and high school years. I actually was not fat back then. Now it seems pretty hopeless. Though I did sign up for a free trial at a gym in a hotel in Taichung on Sunday so I guess I can swim for a while there on that day. Today I'm not going on the treadmill probably because I feel sickly after only sleeping for 3 hours. I'm going to try to take a nap but I can never stay asleep long when I take a nap, plus I'm expecting a phone call.

Replies

• lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So wait...you're the one that posted about the dog earlier and being sexually assaulted....You mentioned Kazimierz earlier too...I'm so confused what this post is even about.
  • MayaDyra
    MayaDyra Posts: 90
    Options
    That's right. The post is about how the swimming pool is too expensive for me to join. I mention Kazik because he abandoned me at a time that I needed him due to my weight, which is why I am trying to fix my weight.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    These all seem more like diary entries more than any sort of question. Perhaps you could start a private diary? Also Kazik sounds mentally and verbally abusive, no?
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You would pay $670 for a Dolce and Gabbana shirt?? Wow! Priorities zero!
  • MayaDyra
    Options
    I guess I kind of like posting in a forum because it allows me to interact with others from the comfort of my own home. Maybe some people can relate to swimming pools being costly? I guess Kazik was being hurtful, but he generally is a nice guy *sigh* SLW, well yes I do buy shirts that cost $600+ generally but I do save up for them, I can only buy 1 every 2 months.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I guess I kind of like posting in a forum because it allows me to interact with others from the comfort of my own home. Maybe some people can relate to swimming pools being costly? I guess Kazik was being hurtful, but he generally is a nice guy *sigh* SLW, well yes I do buy shirts that cost $600+ generally but I do save up for them, I can only buy 1 every 2 months.

I'd personally rather have the pool to look better in the shirts and just drop a few bucks on 'cheap' stuff at the mall... tho honestly I won't even spend 50$ on a shirt so...:ohwell:
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I'd personally rather have the pool to look better in the shirts and just drop a few bucks on 'cheap' stuff at the mall... tho honestly I won't even spend 50$ on a shirt so...:ohwell:
    [/quote]

Same here...being healthy and in shape looks better than an expensive shirt.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm quite surprised by this as a single swimming session there would normally cost in the region of 110NT? I don't see why you would 'have' to go somewhere and get a membership?
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm lost for words! :noway:

keep-calm-and-focus-on-priorities.png
  • MayaDyra
    Options
    Hi! Are you from Taiwan too???? No, they said a single time costs 230 NT :'(
    The thing is that I would want to go swimming every day so for me it would be "cheaper" to do a long term but it's still a lot of money *le sigh*
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    how about a public pool?
    http://www.tealit.com/article_categories.php?section=sports&article=taiwan-swimming

I'm not a big shopper, and I know that some people get a lot of joy from buying new clothes, but surely your health and wellbeing is worth more than a shirt?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if Kazik is the 'friend' who wont be your friend any more because you're fat, who is Kazimierz?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's only one less shirt. Kazik sounds like the biggest jerk. Is he really going to notice a missing shirt if you take that money and invest it in a year at the gym instead? Is he abusive, because that's the feeling I'm getting from this thread.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    With a friend like Kazimierz who needs enemies?!

Work on your self-esteem and don't judge your self-worth by what others say about you.
  • MariettaDelene
    MariettaDelene Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    TavisstockToad: I think Kazik and Kazimierz is the same person. I think.

MayaDrya: Don't lose weight for someone else. Either lose weight for yourself or be happy with yourself. Don't buy clothes based on someone else's opinion. Form your own opinion. Spending $600 on a shirt is utterly ridiculous. I would never. Health is far more important than a overpriced brand name shirt.

Et al: Is anyone else's troll senses tingling, or is that just me?
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely choose swimming over 1 shirt! Better value for money and better for your health
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Kazimierz left you as he thought you should be thinner? I don't think he deserves you or respects you.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Et al: Is anyone else's troll senses tingling, or is that just me?

I got the same feeling. So many troll like qualities in this thread and the others opened....
  • FranceyPants
    FranceyPants Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1358223863_pool.jpg
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I've just read the OPs previous posts. Now very confused.

This is a weight loss forum, not an online diary. I also think you need to get rid of Mr K.