BMR & exercise or TDEE if activity varies

Options
I work out pretty hard with trainer or at run (sprint) club 3 times a week and during these sessions burn lots of kcal. The rest of the time I'm pretty sedentary working at an office and do 25-50 min moderate pace walking per day so obviously my burns low those days.

Just wondering from experience of others is eating same amount /TDEE daily or eating mfp calculation plus more exercise kcal on workout days better for controlling hunger (my constant nemesis!) .

Thanks for your thoughts

Ps I'm 5'3" and 10lb off 115lb goal incase that useful to know

Replies

• kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think it's a personal choice, try it both ways and see how you feel. I vary mine because for reasons I won't go into my activity levels range from zero some days (ie housebound) to a full day's physical labour a few times a week so I eat my bmr when I am inactive and up to 1000 cal more when I'm active otherwise I would gain or maintain or not have the energy for my active days. It still means that on my inactive days I don't really have a deficit, but I have a deficit of about 500-1000 on my active days.
    I don't tend to get hungry doing this. Are you eating enough overall? If you're constantly hungry it can be a sign that you're not. Especially with not much to lose.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i dont see that as your exercise varying.. you work out 3 x a week, so work out your TDEE based on that? to me varying exercise owuld be workoing out 6 x one week and then once the next which would make TDEE harder to calculate.

alternatively, work out your TDEE based on no exericse and then add the cals back.