Potato Monster

Options
Hello everyone!

I joined MFP a short while ago as part of my marathon training. I run two a year, and it's always tricky keeping my diet on track with my training. I just recently completed the Myrtle Beach marathon - always a fun town to visit.

When I'm training, I go wild with the carbs, particularly potatoes. They are a perfect high energy food for runners.

However, I also go wild on them when I'm not training, so I'm hoping the logging on here will keep me focused.

Looking forward to all the fun!

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    You can also run with a few spuds as small workout weights.

Best of luck on your potatogurney
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Welcome back.
  • VeronicaG2B
    VeronicaG2B Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! My roomate just ran in the Myrtle Beach marathon! We had a blast partying afterwards at the House of Blues. And it's always nice to meet another fan of the starches. They are my weakness.
  • cheriedv
    cheriedv Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey sounds like you are doing great. When you are not running maybe you could eat mashed cauliflower.It is great boiled & mashed w/ little butter & parsley flakes.
  • Vorpal_Sword
    Vorpal_Sword Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! My roomate just ran in the Myrtle Beach marathon! We had a blast partying afterwards at the House of Blues. And it's always nice to meet another fan of the starches. They are my weakness.

I was there at the House of Blues!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I always admire marathoners.
  • VeronicaG2B
    Options

You weren't the cute guy in the Mr. Potato Head shirt, were you?
  • bryant28408
    bryant28408 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We look forward to helping you AND having you help us.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Do you do the mash? The Monster Mash?
  • Vorpal_Sword
    Options

The same! Were you with the girls dancing on the bar?
  • Vorpal_Sword
    Options

I love dancing. It's a great workout.
  • VeronicaG2B
    Options

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

thanks, I've got that song in my head now :noway:

and I hate mashed potatoes. they're my nemesis food. I only like potatoes if they're baked or roasted or deep fried. yes I'm fussy. but spud-u-like with baked beans and tuna mayo is heavenly
  • Vorpal_Sword
    Options

and I hate mashed potatoes. they're my nemesis food. I only like potatoes if they're baked or roasted or deep fried. yes I'm fussy. but spud-u-like with baked beans and tuna mayo is heavenly

I love the spuds.

But that song, yeah, earwig...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Now I have cravings for spud-u-like + baked beans + tuna mayo. And there's only one spud-u-like in Bahrain, and they've never heard of baked beans

:sad:

ETA: not sure it's even a genuine spud-u-like for that matter, it does have spud in the name though...
  • Vorpal_Sword
    Options

I thought I recognized you! This explains the whole mashed potato food fight you had going on. That must have taken forever to clean up.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MPF :flowerforyou:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

I love the spuds.

Now I feel like I've fallen behind the crisper drawer, to grow eyes and get wrinkly. :sad:
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options

I love the spuds.

Now I feel like I've fallen behind the crisper drawer, to grow eyes and get wrinkly. :sad:

I always forget the stuff in my crisper drawer. *goes an checks it* Ewwwwww.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

I thought I recognized you! This explains the whole mashed potato food fight you had going on. That must have taken forever to clean up.
    well well, what have we here?