My Exercise is Not Helping me to Lose Weight

Options
2»

Replies

• MayaDyra
    MayaDyra Posts: 90
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses, seems you are saying that it could be water and that it takes time and that I should eat more healthily. I guess I just wanted to see a result right away, since I changed my lifestyle a lot. Before I only did walking, cycling, and once a week at the gym on the elliptical for about 30 min of exercise.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    "My Exercise is Not Helping me to Lose Weight"

Wrong answer. The water retention thing is valid but can only be used temporarily.

Otherwise, your overeating/overcalulating of calories burned is what is actually not helping you to lose weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Diet for weight control; exercise for fitness. My exercise had nothing to do really with my weight loss other than regular exercise allowed me to eat more than I would have otherwise been able to and still lose weight...this kept me sane and thus able to consistently stick to my calorie goals.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Exercise is for health and fitness.

Calories in/out is what helps one lose weight. If you aren't counting calories correctly, you won't lose weight regardless of how much exercise you do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses, seems you are saying that it could be water and that it takes time and that I should eat more healthily. I guess I just wanted to see a result right away, since I changed my lifestyle a lot. Before I only did walking, cycling, and once a week at the gym on the elliptical for about 30 min of exercise.

I think everyone would be happy to see instant results. But sweetie, you need to stop being so down on yourself. Your erm...acquaintance?... was not a friend and should not be listened to. Anyone who puts you down should not be listened too. I know you have some other stuff you are working through, but step one to fix all of your problems is to realize that you are worthwhile human being, and that your self worth does not come from others, even the nice people on here.

When my mom was like 20, she had a BF who told her she was fat. My mom was 5'2" and 90lbs. She would run hours and hours to be skinny enough. HE would then ALLOCATE to her a single Rasinette saying that anymore would make her fat then proceed to eat the whole bag in front of her. He was dou***bag and not worth the skin he inhabited. She finally wised up and dumped his A** but she still bears those scars. Its control and dominance and some people do it to make themselves feel better, and really don't care about the other person. I'm just happy that pr*** is not my father.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Your friend is an idiot.
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    >>> My dear friend, Kazimierz, left me because he wanted me to be thinner and I would like to be thinner so that people will no longer be disgusted by me and so that I can feel better about myself.

Sounds to me like you need new friends. Surround yourself with positive people who aren't *kitten*.
  • tattooedmadre
    Options
    I have been exercising daily to lose weight since March 25.

That long you say?

HAHAHA You stole my thunder!!!! So what I was thinking. I was like, "damn, I think I'd just throw in the towel by now!" Geez. Only been on this site for nearly a month but I think I found my first troll post! Fun times.