Breakfast Ideas for Busy Worker

Options
Just wondering what do you guys eat for breakfast that doesn't require using the stove?

I am someone who easily gets bored with having the same thing and I want some healthy and quick ideas for breakfast as I do not have time to cook. I can microwave, toast, and blend things though with my blender cup at work.

Replies

• MrsHollingsworthThomas
    Options
    Toast with a bit of jelly or honey is good.
    I've been making english muffin breakfast sandwiches lately. I just bring an english muffin, a slice of cheese, and ham (some days I make an egg white). I toast the bread and put everything else.
    Also, I tend to try and bring a bit of milk (almond or soy for myself) and a healthy cup of cereal to eat at my desk.

Other ideas that have worked for me:
    Fruit
    Granola (bar or mix)
    Yogurt
    Smoothies (I blend them at home, and put them in my shaker bottle to keep them mixed up)
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    microwave oatmeal? It's not for everyone but I love how it keeps me full for a long time.

Or until I see a cookie...
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I had a carrot today

I eat more for my mid morning snack

Currently that is a smoothie:

6oz pasteurized egg whites
    1/2 cup berry
    1 scoop protein powder
    sweetener of choice if necessary
    ice if desired

50g protein. yea baby!

but sometimes I go really crazy and eat last nights dinner reheated or make myself some scrambled eggs with chicken and veggies and reheat them at work.

Also sometimes have plain greek yogurt or cottage cheese and fruit mixed in. (actually I have this everyday, for all different meals :smokin: )
  • Parthus02
    Parthus02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a couple go-to's for the work week:
    1. Home made parfait - Plain greek yogurt, blueberries, or blackberries, cashews/almonds (or your favorite nut). You can get the nuts already pre-chopped or you can chop yourself with a food processor the night before. Mix the yogurt and berries and top with nuts.

2. toasted whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese

3. Granola bars and almond/coconut milk

4. Smoothies (I have a nutriblast so I make them the night before and take to work in the container which turns into a cup.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    toasted english muffin with peanut or almond butter, and then a luna protein bar 2-3 hours later holds me over until lunch. You could keep a jar of PB and a bunch of luna bars in your desk and just bring an english muffin with you each day.

Sometimes I make my own "instant" oatmeal by putting 1/2c quick oats, cinnamon, raisins, and stevia in a ziplock bag. When I'm at work, I put it in a mug/bowl and mix with hot water from the coffee maker (or microwave if you don't have that).
  • crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I usually eat my breakfast on the commute, so my breakfasts need to be easy to pack. The best for me so far has been 1-2 slices of wholemeal bread with pbj and banana (extremely filling!), and an apple for mid morning snack.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Whole Wheat toast with PB/banana, delicious!
    Fresh fruit, plain greek yogurt with a handful of Special K Almond Honey cereal on top for the crunch effect.
    Whole grain waffle with PB
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Boil some eggs the night before and grab a few with your bread, bagel, or english muffin of choice and whatever condiment...I use kraft olive oil mayo cracked pepper.... tablespoon 35 cals...and bring to work.....

or peanut butter banana sandwich

smoothies

greek yogurt and fruit or with a trek mix or with both.
  • TheWatchStander
    Options
    On Saturday or Sunday I take quart ziploc bags and fill them with 1 Banana, 1.5 cups of strawberries, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 cup carrots, 1.5 - 2 cups spinach. I make about 10-12 of them and put them in the freezer. When I leave in the morning I grab one out of the freezer along with about 18oz of orange jucie and head to work. At work I have a bullet style blender from a popular general nutrition store. Pour the bag in the blender and add the orange juice. Its about 500-600 calories but you can get the low calorie orange juice if you want to cut it a bit. For me it ended up costing $1.50 per smoothie and it makes over 30 ounces.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll bake on the weekends to have healthy breakfasts during the week. For example, whole grain muffins, waffles, pancakes, granola, granola bars, etc.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds, smear with a tablespoon of peanut butter, and roll it up. It's portable, tasty, and keeps you feeling sort of full all morning.

Sometimes I'll nuke the tortilla and then place a couple of thin slices of ham or turkey on it, roll it and go.
  • ainokea8
    ainokea8 Posts: 95
    Options
    Most of my breakfasts never require stove or any real work at all.
    I usually eat:

Oatmeal
    toast with cream cheese or with some cottage cheese
    Cereal with milk
    Open faced sandwiches
    Yogurt Parfait
    Fruits

You can also make eggs in the microwave if you're in a hurry. Just spray the inside of a mug with nonstick spray,chop up some vegetables, mushroom, spinach whatever you want, throw it in the mug, crack an egg in there too. Stir it all up and then nuke it in microwave for 1 min on high, take it out and stir it and microwave for 30 more seconds and you should have a really quick scrambled egg.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I like to make potato pancakes and just heat them up for breakfast.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    left overs
    I make 10-12 eggs at a time to eat for breakfast and in the afternoon
    cereal is easy too.
    yogurt +protein powder+ fruit=delicious high protein snack.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I nuke a potato for a couple minutes in the microwave, and top with shredded cheese, bacon bits, and sour cream. Keeps me going til lunch.
  • Lcruz2014
    Lcruz2014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Home made flax seed granola w mixed nuts and berries over coconut milk
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I eat Jimmy Dean D-Lights almost every single day for breakfast. Full of protein, lean, filling. A little overpriced though. The D-Lights bowls are pretty good, too.

Sometimes I eat the Special K flatbread sandwiches but they usually leave me hungry.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    You can do a lot of different things with instant oatmeal, that you can microwave. I even have a concoction with a few chocolate chips and / or cinnamon that is very delicious! You can eat yogurt, fruit or granola / protein bars. There are quite a few options really. Good luck!
  • brinabj
    brinabj Posts: 28
    Options
    bagel thin
    tablespoon of veggie cream cheese
    put cucumbers and tomatoes on it
    Taste great
  • soospickle
    soospickle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Morning rounds muesli with ginseng lemon lavender tea.

If I'm in a huge rush I'll have a bowl of Vector.