Brazillain/Bikini Waxing- Is it worth it?

Options

Replies

• Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    In for the pics.

If you don't have anything intelligent to offer atleast don't show your IQ level. It surprises people like me that 37 year olds can still act like middle schoolers.

It surprises people like me that some people can have no sense of humor..
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sorry to whoever thought this was TMI for the internet, but you didn't have to read my post. I wanted honest answers to make a educated decision on something.

And again, THANK YOU to all you ladies (and gentleman).

Goodness, it's the internet. Is there really such a thing as TMI? I don't think you need to apologize.
    Oh, since I am IQ-challenged as well, in for pics!
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for at least 5 years now, and I this it's very much worth it. My reccomendations are to make sure you do it at least monthly, and be prepared for pain. I bled my first few times. And even now, I still find it hurts at times...but you do get use to the pain.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Ughhhhhhhh sounds so painful haha
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    The first time it hurts pretty bad. At least a Brazilian does; bikini is no worse than underarm IMO. The labia is what really sucks. That first time is so much worse than subsequent visits though! Your hair grows in cycles and once all that hair is gone, far less grows back before it's long enough for the next wax. Less hair to wax means less pain.

Read yelp reviews and go somewhere with a 4-5 star rating. Don't let anyone touch you with soft wax down there (the kind with strips); just don't. Be sure your esthetician uses hard wax (stripless). It's far more kind to those tender areas and only adheres to the hair; not the skin. Take an advil about 30 minutes before your appointment and remember that the first time is the worst. AND DON'T SHAVE BETWEEN APPOINTMENTS or every wax will be like the first time.

I recently bought a warmer and some high end wax and started doing it myself b/c I want my legs and underarms done as well and it's too expensive to have all of that done every 6-8 weeks. So cheap and easy but I know it's not for everyone. And I could never have done it myself unless I had already been waxed within the last 6 weeeks. That first time requires a pro. Good luck!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY worth it!

i hardly have to wipe at all now!
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    The first time it hurts pretty bad. At least a Brazilian does; bikini is no worse than underarm IMO. The labia is what really sucks. That first time is so much worse than subsequent visits though! Your hair grows in cycles and once all that hair is gone, far less grows back before it's long enough for the next wax. Less hair to wax means less pain.

Read yelp reviews and go somewhere with a 4-5 star rating. Don't let anyone touch you with soft wax down there (the kind with strips); just don't. Be sure your esthetician uses hard wax (stripless). It's far more kind to those tender areas and only adheres to the hair; not the skin. Take an advil about 30 minutes before your appointment and remember that the first time is the worst. AND DON'T SHAVE BETWEEN APPOINTMENTS or every wax will be like the first time.

I recently bought a warmer and some high end wax and started doing it myself b/c I want my legs and underarms done as well and it's too expensive to have all of that done every 6-8 weeks. So cheap and easy but I know it's not for everyone. And I could never have done it myself unless I had already been waxed within the last 6 weeeks. That first time requires a pro. Good luck!

Thank you. This was extremely helpful. :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Def worth it!

Just don't attempt it yourself..

how come?

did something happen to you? :flowerforyou:
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Def worth it!

Just don't attempt it yourself..

how come?

did something happen to you? :flowerforyou:

When I pulled up on the strip, my taint ripped upward and the tear extended through my sack. BE CAREFUL AND DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF!
  • dinojay28
    dinojay28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes yes do not hesitate! If u can get through a tattoo or even leg day lol this is a piece a cake it's very quick! Good luck
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I went to this Jewish place for my first Brazilian... they were quite efficient. I left the place without hair AND foreskin
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    ALL hooch waxing hurts....A LOT. Just take two advils a half hour before, bite your lip and get-er-done. It's worth it. As for brazilian, I don't get it. It's just a higher bikini wax. Unless you want nothing on your hoo hah, the regular bikini wax is fine.

One thing...you may want to invest in a skin protector to avoid ingrown hairs. TRUST ME, this is an issue with waxing, if you do it often.

Ask the wax girl about the skin protector/cleanser.

I've never had these things done, but I thought a Brazilian was when they also did the backside? Am I way off on that lol?
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Anything bald and silky on ur face is definitely worth waxing ;) lol :bigsmile:
  • mmmayo
    mmmayo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've heard it is VERY painful. There are other methods...I would suggest those first. :)
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Anything bald and silky on ur face is definitely worth waxing ;) lol :bigsmile:

OMG FRIEND REQUEST SENT!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I went to this Jewish place for my first Brazilian... they were quite efficient. I left the place without hair AND foreskin

:laugh:
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    The bruising though Owwee :(

Get a practice one first when you have no plans and make sure you get it done by someone reputable, my manager got a bad one and bled a couple of months ago.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I did it once and it didn't last very long for me. I saw regrowth in a week, so it wasn't worth it to me. I've since done laser and that is SO worth it. It hurts, too, but you don't have to keep doing it after your treatments (6-12). I think it's more cost effective in the long run, too, especially since you can usually find really good deals on Groupon. I got my second round of 6 treatments for only $400. While it's a lot up front, it's less than 10 waxes and lasts WAY longer! :-)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My wife goes to a gal named Wendy. Calls her "Wendy the Ripper" and then wonders why I don't want to go in for a "Sack and Crack wax".
  • XCoolChick180X
    XCoolChick180X Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I got it done last year, and it was definitely an interesting experience. It was pretty painful, but about as half as painful as I anticipated. It's definitely bearable. I think the worst part is probably getting over having someone all up in your business! It lasted for a really long time, which was nice, but it definitely didn't feel much different from the usual razor job that you can just do yourself. It was an entertaining experience for sure. I suggest giving it a try to see how you like! Force an un-shy friend to go do one with you and grab some mimosas afterwards :)