Not Losing?

Options
I've been active in cutting calories and exercising for about a month now. Started at 139 and I'm still at 138.4.

Should I be NETTING 1300 calories? I'm wondering if I should just try to eat back *all* my exercise calories OR switch to the TDEE method. Idk. It's frustrating and makes me feel discouraged since I'm working so hard in the gym 6 days a week. I have a HRM and I range from 300-600 calories burned per workout.

Stats:
Height: 5'1''
SW: 139
BF: ~35%
GW: 115 (ideally ~18-20% BF)

Diary is open. And yes, I have a food scale and I weigh everything.

Please help...

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    can take longer then a month to see results.

Are you also measuring yourself? sometimes the scale wont budge but you will be losing inches. also Are you doing weight lifting and cardio or just cardio or just lifting?

I noticed that you tend to eat more carb then fats and protein, make sure you keep a nice balance=) for me I went on iifym.com and calculated how much i need to eat on days I work out (60min lifting or 30min run) and days I don't workout.

Oh and (again this is for me) I find if I eat to many carbs in a day I tend to bloat.

don't give up!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

Diary is open. And yes, I have a food scale and I weigh everything.

Funny how so many people say this. Something isnt right, clearly.
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    can take longer then a month to see results.

Are you also measuring yourself? sometimes the scale wont budge but you will be losing inches. also Are you doing weight lifting and cardio or just cardio or just lifting?

I noticed that you tend to eat more carb then fats and protein, make sure you keep a nice balance=) for me I went on iifym.com and calculated how much i need to eat on days I work out (60min lifting or 30min run) and days I don't workout.

Oh and (again this is for me) I find if I eat to many carbs in a day I tend to bloat.

don't give up!

I measured myself a few weeks ago with a trainer. I don't own a scale or tape yet so I do everything at the gym. I'll try to measure again this week.

I usually do cardio every day (cycling/elliptical/stairs/running) and alternate my lifting days for rest purposes. Yesterday was legs and today is arms/shoulders/back, for example.

Thanks! I'll try to balance my macros better.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    With 24 lb. to lose, set your goal to .5 lb. per week and be patient. The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. That's just the way the human body works.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants