Map My Run - Is it synced yet?

Options
I don't understand why I have mfp connected to Map My Run. They don't seem to be doing anything with each other yet. Is this still true, or am I doing something wrong? The most recent thing I can find on this topic is from 3 months ago.

Replies

• GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Mines is sync'd
    I went into MyFitnessPal on my phone, went to apps & devices and selected MapMyRun from the list, think I had to sign into mapmyrun and it synced and it now feeds through once the run has downloaded to the mapmyrun account (won't download in the middle of the forest so I have to go back into the workout when I get home to an internet connection).
  • JaimeNJ
    JaimeNJ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I do that it takes me to Map My Run and shows that I'm connected. But my 3.5 mile run yesterday did not show up in my diary as exercise. Ugh.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    mine does but I have to delete it and enter it in manually because the calories burned is usually way to high compared to my HRM.
  • marissa2224
    marissa2224 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think mine synced like twice, but never again. I think there's some bugs that need to be fixed.
  • icastro25
    icastro25 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've had no issues syncing mine. Almost as soon as I'm done with my run, it posts to MFP. Although, like stated above, the calorie burn is ridiculously overestimated. I sync it to a HRM and it's still overestimated. I found somewhere on MapMyRun that they don't use the HRM to calculate calorie burn yet, but it is supposed to happen at some point. Also, does anyone wanna be friends on MapMyRun, I could use more active friends on there that actually use it.
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I use the MapMyFitness app (logs everything, and I mean everything. From running and biking to firefighting.) It almost always syncs from my phone to the MMF site immediately and from there to MFP. I think maybe twice I've had to enter it by hand. I've gone entirely to MapMyFitness from RunKeeper, which wasn't nearly as reliable.
  • Ter_Rob
    Ter_Rob Posts: 68
    Options
    I use MapMyRun extensively and really have little or no practical use for MFP. So why am I here? ???
    MapMyRun does much more than MFP when it comes to tracking exercise of all types. From a logging of calories, I think the macros for MapMyRun are more realistic. They do calculate calorie burn based upon inputed body weight. The calculated values for what I do correlate very closely with my HRM. Can't say that for MFP. MFP does have a major social aspect that is lacking on MapMyRun.

There is a link between the two, but I haven't tried it as yet and probably won't.
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I think the "calories burned" amounts on MapMyRun is overestimated on purpose so more people will use the site, even though it isn't accurate it is nice to see the high numbers !
  • mijohnst
    mijohnst Posts: 22
    Options
    That's my chief complaint about mapmyride...The calorie burn is nearly double what it should be and they don't even figure in heart rate if you track that in their burn algorithm. There is no excuse for it! It would even be more accurate to just do 40 calories X number of miles. As soon as my MPV membership is up I'm going to moving to another site.

I hate having to mentally divide whatever number mapmyride imports to myfitnesspal. If you manually change it in myfitnesspal, it will send a new workout back to mapmyride and then you've got double the miles. I've submitted a few support tickets and they always reply with the same robotic form response.
  • jcct2014
    jcct2014 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It seems to work for me but it's only my first day. When I click on the exercise tab, I see it listed as "aerobics, general". However I'm wondering if I am double counting. I plug my pedometer to my phone each night to push the data to MapMyWalk. I wear the pedometer all day (including when I do Zumba class). But I noticed that when I entered my zumba workout I'm told I have a bunch more calories. Perhaps I need to take my pedometer off for Zumba, but then I'll be short of my 10K step goal. I wonder which way would be more accurate? Thoughts anyone?
  • mijohnst
    mijohnst Posts: 22
    Options
    I would take off the pedometer if you're going to count Zumba on its own but leave it on if you don't. And like I said in my post above, I would divide anything that mapmyfitness gives you in half to be more accurate.

I went ahead a did a ride with the Strava app today and I have to say I'm happy with the calorie burn it reports. It seems much more realistic and takes into account heart rate, speed and elevation changes. I was going to wait till my MVP expired with mapmyfitness but I decided to just give it up now.
  • jcct2014
    jcct2014 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info - learning a lot.
  • MDF247
    MDF247 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Deleted. Something weird is going on.