Flyfit - Ankle Tracker For Fitness, Cycling and Swimming

Options
I move my arms around a lot more than my legs so placing an activity tracker on my ankle seems be the best option for me.

Has anyone pre-ordered the Flyfit or heard anything about it?

Replies

• PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I guess that's a no :P
  • letsgetit
    letsgetit Posts: 33
    Options
    I was just reading about this the other day. It looks like it got funding via its Kickstarter and will be more accurate for people who cycle. Im debating getting this or waiting on the new bodymedia since im not a big cycler, although i do like the ankle option better than the arm
  • PolacaFL
    Options
    Good to know! I'm more of a walker :P

Doesn't the Bodymedia track your arm movement only though? Do you set it up for walking/running before a work out?

I've been using the MapMyWalk app. It's based on distance and time.
  • honey_127
    honey_127 Posts: 21
    Options
    I've preordered it! I'm pretty excited to finally get it! The biggest draw for me is that I can use it when I'm swimming and I like the idea of wearing it on my ankle instead of my wrist. :smile:
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Holy smoke, that looks neat! But I'm running out of appendages to attach gizmos to. I wear a Garmin watch, a fitbit flex, a Mio Link, a foot pod and a tempe sensor already.

Who am I kidding. If this comes out, I'm getting one.
  • PolacaFL
    Options
    :laugh: ftw37!
  • darkpath0010
    darkpath0010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a FlyFit and have been using it since their first software version. The biggest problem is that it does not sync the data with anything, so any data it gathers has to be manually brought over. On the other hand, it offers a good cadence sensor that might be a decent alternative for those who like to run in laceless shoes and therefor can't use a standard foot pod. I got it because I wanted something that would work while cycling, running, and swimming. The hardware is good (it will, occasionally, freeze; but that's typically no more frequent than once ever month and a half, and usually when the power is low or right after it charges up) but the software is still a work in progress, in my opinion.