How many calories should my husband be eating?

Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh I get it ...you want him to bulk up, but he really does not want to .....sounds like you are trying to change him...interesting..not satisfied with the finished product, are we?

Uh, no. I couldn't care less if he got bigger. It's him that wants this. You'd know that if you read my previous post where I say he's been at the gym four days a week for the past 8 months. I can't exactly force him to do that.

I don't know why it's so hard for you to imagine someone not having an MFP account or not being the type to participate in forums like this. Can I not ask a question for him without being accused of wanting to control him or change him? I'm impressed that you seem to know so much about my marriage just from this one thread - are you a clairvoyant or something?

Feel free to move on if you can't help yourself from being an *kitten*.

if he's doing all this work- and he wants to make a change and add size- there is always google.
    you do not NEED forum's to get answers- you can google the hell out of stuff and just READ.

but here you are doing it for him- that's the issue.

I would like to again reiterate the question-which I feel has not been satisfactorily answered
    > what difference does having a surplus goal number to hit- if he he isn't counting calories? <

anyway- for a man of his size working out regularly- 3000 is a fine place to start. if he isn't' gaining in 2 weeks- eat more.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    OP, I would suggest you take the advice that was helpful and stop responding to the comments that aren't. It simply drags things out for no good reason. You got answers and a good spot to start from, so just focus on that and carry on.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    This will be my last response on this thread, because I think this attack on me has gone far enough. I'll try to spell it out, because people seem to be accusing me of not being able to read when they can't even bother to read what I'm saying.

1.) It's my husband than wants to bulk. It has nothing to do with me forcing him or wanting him to change. I also do not feed him, monitor his intake, weigh his food, or concern myself with how much he's eating. He asked me a question, so I thought I'd find out here. Obviously, this was a mistake.
    2.) The reason I asked this question here was because he does not typically participate in forums.
    3.) He has done a lot of his own research, but is planning on starting to count his calories.
    4.) My simple question about his calorie intake was just to give him a starting point as to what number he should be shooting for to start off once he starts counting calories.
    5.) There are plenty of ways to count calories and track your intake without the use of MFP. Maybe he'll open an account here and use this site, and maybe he won't.
    6.) I did Google this, as did he, but we couldn't find any clear answer as to how much to add to his TDEE for bulking.
    7.) I thought, silly me, that this forum was for people to get help with questions. I only asked about calorie intake, which people do here all the time. The only difference was that I wasn't asking for me, for the reasons already stated.
    8.) He does not currently monitor his calorie intake, but he's planning to (once again), hence this question.
    9.) We all have to start somewhere, don't we? All of us had to establish a goal BEFORE we started.

I'm done here. Thanks to those of you that were nice enough to answer the question without ridicule. As for the rest of you, good riddance.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    just want to point out-

NO one attacked you.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Friendly word to the wise, you can't control what kind of response you get. People have this pesky habit of giving the answer from their own context and perspective, not yours.

I get that you want to just the information you asked for and to move on, but that's what a search engine is for. If you want a person's opinion, you get to deal with all the "stuff" that goes along with it.

You are not being attacked. You are being questioned.

Your responses come across as a need to control communication in very specific terms, and that's what's probably giving people the impression that you're controlling in real life.

As far as being ridiculed goes, it's a pretty normal (if not ideal) reaction by people when they encounter what they perceive to be self-righteous indignation. Again, you can't control other people's responses to you. All you can control is yourself.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I dare my future wife to ask the internet how much she should be feeding me.

Personally I like feeding my husband, even though I am the main breadwinner, I still run with my inner housewife sometimes... I spoil him really!
This discussion has been closed.