31 female, time for a change

Options
31 female, i have two children and a fiance. Gained 30 pounds since ive been with him and am now sitting at 200 pounds AGAIN. Ive been here twice now, once after pregnancy and another time after that. BAH! how do I keep getting here!? Anyways, Im ready for a change, this is day two with fitness pal, 1290 calories per day and yoga. Never been on a proper diet, so heres to hoping this is the lifestyle change that I needed!!

Replies

• kjflaherty
    kjflaherty Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you.. I dont post often but I just want to let you know I'm basically in the same position. I'm a 30yo female, and In the last 7 years I have lost 60 pounds 4 times! And everytime I have gained it all back. I'm on day 8 now of MFP and feeling better already. Starting at 190, and now I am 183 this morning. (Obviously a lot of that is water weight).
    We can do this!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    31 female, i have two children and a fiance. Gained 30 pounds since ive been with him and am now sitting at 200 pounds AGAIN. Ive been here twice now, once after pregnancy and another time after that. BAH! how do I keep getting here!? Anyways, Im ready for a change, this is day two with fitness pal, 1290 calories per day and yoga. Never been on a proper diet, so heres to hoping this is the lifestyle change that I needed!!

I was in that same boat only I had crept up to 230 and I'm married. I gained weight after each of my 3 pregnancies that I didn't take back off. I started MFP in Sept last year when I got my membership to my gym. I too started off at the lowest activity level, wanting to lose 2 lbs a week, and only doing cardio 3 days a week. My calorie goal was at 1200, just like most people that start with this site. I lost 10 lbs the first couple weeks. AWESOME!!! Then I stalled. So I started upping my cardio to every day. YAY!!! Another 10 lbs gone during months 2 & 3. During month 4 I hadn't lost a single pound and couldn't figure out what happened. Then I started to read these posts and taking advise from others. Month 5 I upped my calory intake to 1400 and then last month I upped it again to 1600 and stareted Stronglifts 5X5. Best thing I ever did for myself. I've lost 35 lbs in 6 months and expect to lose another 20, if not more, within the next 6 months to be within 10 lbs of my goal.

My point is, we all make the mistake of starting our net calorie goal at 1200. Then we live and learn. My advise, when you stall, up your calories slowly until you get to your TDEE-25%=Net calorie goal daily and add strength training. Just my experience, hope it helps.