eating right

Options
Most of the time I find diets boring does anyone have any good salad ideas ??

Replies

• sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I think eating a salad everyday would be boring. I like them, but they aren't my end all and be all.

You can't go wrong with adding grilled chicken to your salad. Adding a little bit of cheese could work well, too, but make sure its weighed and/or measured so you know. Cheese can be high in calories if not measured correctly.

You can add all kinds of dried fruit ( cherries, cranberries, etc ) or actual fruit too like berries.

You can add grilled steak or shrimp.

Different lettuce... kale, spinach, mixed green, iceburg.

Add a wide variety of vegetables... carrots, onions, broccoli, green peppers, snap peas, etc etc.

I like chef salad. Just be careful when adding the turkey, ham and cheese. I like swiss cheese. Make sure its weighed/measured correctly.
  • Courtney066
    Options
    Well you can make a ton of different salads: fruit salads, bean salads, lettuce salads, cooked salads. I generally eat my lettuce salads with baked chopped chicken or tofu bites and bleu cheese. It just really depends on what mood I'm in, like if I want something sweet I'll have a fruit salad made with berries, bananas, apples, etc. or if I want something spicy I make a chicken chipotle salad. There are so many salad recipes that you can google that will satisfy your taste buds will keeping you in your calorie range. hope this helps!

Oh! and try not to put too much dressing on your salads :)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Diets suck! So, how about eating anything you wish while creating a calorie deficient?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • makeyta33
    Options
    thanks for everyones help !!!
  • HaelaBaer
    HaelaBaer Posts: 44
    Options
    Nuts are good for protein, but can be fattening.
    Chicken can be seasoned and added. There are a lot of no calorie spices.
    Sometimes I'll add olives for flavor and because they have good fats in them.
    Try some hummus on top! Hummus has flavor and essential oils in it too!
    Adding a pickle or marinated artichokes isn't a bad idea. In summer if you have a garden try to pickle various veggies, like baby cucumbers and green tomatoes.