Berry's bare belly challenge - April 2014

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
Welcome to a new month of the easiest challenge on MFP. All you have to do is pledge to do a workout with your belly out at the end of April and that's it! The idea is that the thought of baring your midriff will inspire your workouts through the month, especially now spring is upon us.

If you'd like to post a before and after photo to see your progress or spur yourself on, that's awesome.

Without further ado, here I am in all my sweaty glory with my "bellulite" out from March's final bare belly workout:

Aprilbellyside_zps1e9ad92b.jpg
Aprilbellyfront_zps0dfad48f.jpg

Over to you!

Replies

• hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I have no before pic, but in anyway!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Just so RP isn't a thread killer :wink: I will post my before pics shortly :smile:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    a0b8c44c-2fdf-4ea0-92ad-8b754005509d.jpg

there you go :grumble: :laugh:
  • BerryH
    Options
    Better than mine already Faye, and I haven't had a baby in the last couple of months! :blushing:
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I work out with my stomach out every workout (at home :D) but I just wanted to say that I personally find it a huge motivator so thumbs up everyone!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Of course I'm in again. *sigh* last month showed no improvement but here's to less jiggle by the end of April!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    In for the motivation...
    Today's 'workout' has consisted of stripping wallpaper and making a concerted effort to not strangle MrWW who just abandoned me to do it all when his mate turned up :angry: :grumble: , so you've got me in my DIY clothes.
    Looking lardier than last months, need to work a bit harder methinks.
    fd464645-1ad8-4800-a9cb-5665a3ff91df_zpsdffcce74.jpg
  • BerryH
    Options
    Oh dear, got offered a seat on the train home :blushing: Wasn't too ashamed to turn it down though :laugh:

Hit the exercise bike for my cardio this evening, which made me sweat like crazy. Going to try some "dead bugs" later, which Men's Health reckons is the best abs exercise, and if I'm feeling brave Tamsin's headstand leg-lowers.
  • PoisonElix
    PoisonElix Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wish I could be as brave as you gals. I dont know if I can do the belly thing guess it freaks me out some. You gals rock!!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Here's my start of April pic. March showed no change so here's to seeing a difference in April!

72857633-9BCC-4E22-B7BA-ABDB1749330C.jpg

Ps berry, men are ALWAYS offering me a seat on the tube...normally only when I'm only going 2 stops and there's no point sitting. It's when women offer that you have to start rethinking your belly!
  • BerryH
    Options
    Haven't worked out all weekend, but I have been marching round a field hefting a 12lb musket at arm's length, which must count for something, but mysteriously isn't in MFP's exercise list.
  • hnsaunde
    Options
    Haven't worked out all weekend, but I have been marching round a field hefting a 12lb musket at arm's length, which must count for something, but mysteriously isn't in MFP's exercise list.

That's awesome! Maybe there's a "carrying small child" exercise you could sub in? How about this one?

Walking, carrying infant or 15-lb load
  • BerryH
    Options
    Ran at lunchtime yesterday (with a baby wipe shower - our office is under-equipped!) and realised just how unfit I've become! Still managed to get up and go for a swim this morning. I must be some kind of Superwoman or something!
  • hnsaunde
    Options
    Almost time!
  • BerryH
    Options
    Yikes, so it is! Will be doing plenty of last-minute sit-ups tonight!
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • hnsaunde
    Options
    Ok here's mine, this is after a 5km run last night :)

12B743E6-752B-4E49-BC2B-B774B96345B8.jpg

7D97AC41-4573-4F1D-9698-2EAAA7D8C657.jpg

ETA: Won't resize for me, you get to see my tummy in all it's glory!