After uping my calories.....

Options
So after eating a 1200 calories diet for years and losing all my weight on it, I have uped my calories to 1400. I feel very bloated and full, I feel like I am cheating, and I feel like its all a mental game of seeing the "calories left" higher than normal bc I havent even eaten any more than usual. Wondering anyones else have this happen?

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating 200 more calories a day? Isn't that about the same as taking a brisk walk then eating back some/most of your calories, only without the walk? Not trying to be a smart aleck at all, but I don't quite see why it is a problem. Do you ever eat back exercise calories?
  • eatspopcorn
    eatspopcorn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you're not actually eating at 1400 calories (because you said you haven't eaten any more than usual) why would you feel any different? Have you been eating higher sodium foods the last week? Have you been drinking enough water? Is it close to your TOM?

Sounds like something else changed, not your calorie intake...
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    after being on low cals for a long time, you body adjusts to it, it will take some time to adjust to the new amount of calories. Small increases here and there should be just fine as long as the length of time you were eating low calories didn't damage your metabolic system. (Low cal, low intensity exercise over a long period of time can slow you metabolic rate)
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating 200 more calories a day? Isn't that about the same as taking a brisk walk then eating back some/most of your calories, only without the walk? Not trying to be a smart aleck at all, but I don't quite see why it is a problem. Do you ever eat back exercise calories?

I have just started uping my calories a few days ago. Yes I usually eat back my workout calories. This is why it is very strange to me to feel so full all of a sudden while eating the same amount of stuff. I usually save a good amount of calories for dinner bc thats the meal I look most forward to. Just was thinking its a mental game of how much I have left and not really about me eating the same. Dont know just found it weird and decided to post.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    Its all in your head. And you probably shouldnt have ever dropped your calories that low.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Its all in your head. And you probably shouldnt have ever dropped your calories that low.

Why would I not have my calories that low if it worked and I was never hungry?