protein bars.

Options
I see a lot of different protein bars. I was planning on getting some this morning but wasn't sure if I had to watch out for certain ones. Special K has protein bars and I love there cereal. So wasn't sure if that was ok to eat in the morning after a workout.

Replies

• RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Protine bars tend to have a lot of extra fillers that a protine shake wont.

However I'm slightly addcited to the Go2Go protine bars that are made here in utah. Idk i there anywhere else but those are wicked tasty.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of different protein bars. I was planning on getting some this morning but wasn't sure if I had to watch out for certain ones. Special K has protein bars and I love there cereal. So wasn't sure if that was ok to eat in the morning after a workout.

If you can stand the taste, Quest is one of the "best" (it's sweetened with stevia which leaves a bad aftertaste for a small percentage of people, lucky me I'm one of 'em). Special K bars are fine to eat, but not particularly high in protein at all in comparison to many other, better options (IMO). Try Oh Yeah! or Supreme bars if you can find them, both are really good and no stevia so I can actually eat them!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I prefer shakes x:
    I put oats and greek yoghurt in mine, and they're very filling.
    (Also coconut oil, chia seeds, spinach, skim milk, some fruit.)
  • ericalyn73
    Options
    I like Kind or Cliff Mojo.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Atkins chocolate coconut bars are the best!!!
  • Addictedtodamon
    Options
    thanks I will try the quest ones....
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

I like Quest bars myself.

Try one of them. :wink:
    Pop one in the microwave (on some wax paper) for about 13 - 15 seconds, take out and enjoy.
  • Phrick
    Options

I like Quest bars myself.

Try one of them. :wink:
    Pop one in the microwave (on some wax paper) for about 13 - 15 seconds, take out and enjoy.
    do be careful not to walk away from your microwave though! When I tried the chocolate chip cookie dough one, I microwaved it per suggestions from on here - in my microwave it started to bubble and expand at just 7 seconds! Guess I have a powerful microwave :laugh:
  • Addictedtodamon
    Options
    thanks for the heads up about the microwave...I have a powerful one too
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Quest bars, but I'm interested in making homemade protein bars.
  • Phrick
    Options
    I've never tried Quest bars, but I'm interested in making homemade protein bars.

Pinterest is your friend for this, seriously. There are dozens after dozens of recipes for home made lara bars, protein bars, protein balls, energy bites, and on and on. You can't find a better place to compile all your options.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars, but they are pricey. I get Pure protein or Six Star at Walmart for much less $$. All three come in at 20g protein and less than 200 calories (for the flavors I buy.)
  • Phrick
    Options
    I like Quest bars, but they are pricey. I get Pure protein or Six Star at Walmart for much less $$. All three come in at 20g protein and less than 200 calories (for the flavors I buy.)

Premier Protein's Crisp bars (peanut butter and chocolate mint) are great too and cheap for protein bars, I get them for $1.39 each at Winco. Exact same bar runs over $2 at Walmart!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    The Pure Protein and Six Star are less than $1 each, that's why I buy those brands.
  • nking404
    nking404 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Quest!!!!!
  • Phrick
    Options
    DancingMoosie - I haven't tried Six Star but have tried Pure Protein, they were alright especially for the price (which is $1.17 at the cheapest outlet for them in my area, Winco again). Will have to try to locate Six Star and give them a try, thanks!
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    love the quest bars !!!!
  • Nuccia2012
    Nuccia2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein and Think Thin are both great and affordable options. Walmart just started carrying a line called Life Choice (in the cereal section). 190-210 calories, 20g protein, $3.88 for 5 bars. Can't beat that with a stick. :) They're pretty decent.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Quest.
    /Thread

^^This.

A bit pricey, but SO worth it for nutritional value and taste. Look for specials at GNC and get a Gold Card.