How do YOU set your MFP goals?

Options
So I've been at this MFP thing for quite awhile, and I consider myself successful. However... I have a question.

I'm struggling with the last 20 lbs (down 116 lbs to date)... and when I set my goals, I set my calorie goal at the NET Intake number AFTER exercise calories burned. Is there anyone else that does this??

So, everyday I eat around 1700-1900 calories (BMR is 1850) and on the days I dont work out, I still stay around that number, so I'm only "under my daily goal" if I work out (typically 5 days a week)

I guess its more of a mind thing for me... so If I eat 1700 today, I KNOW I have to burn 400 at the gym to get to my NET Intake goal...

is there anyone else that does this?

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I don't do it that way but congratulations anyway.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    So I've been at this MFP thing for quite awhile, and I consider myself successful. However... I have a question.

I'm struggling with the last 20 lbs (down 116 lbs to date)... and when I set my goals, I set my calorie goal at the NET Intake number AFTER exercise calories burned. Is there anyone else that does this??

So, everyday I eat around 1700-1900 calories (BMR is 1850) and on the days I dont work out, I still stay around that number, so I'm only "under my daily goal" if I work out (typically 5 days a week)

I guess its more of a mind thing for me... so If I eat 1700 today, I KNOW I have to burn 400 at the gym to get to my NET Intake goal...

is there anyone else that does this?
    I admit I will cheat.
    I set myself up as sedentary, and maintining is 2500 and do the deficit from there. I dont factor in exercise or anything else like that so that is almost like adding to the deficit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just use TDEE-20% really... Same principle really, I know I'll just maintain if I'm not active (my goal is pretty much my TDEE as sedentary at this point, so if I want to lose, I have to move, lol).
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options

116 pounds lost!!???!!!!?!?! I think everyone would consider you successful! Wow! Amazing :)

That's all I wanted to say lol :)
  • JacMarieSTL
    JacMarieSTL Posts: 68 Member
    Options

116 pounds lost!!???!!!!?!?! I think everyone would consider you successful! Wow! Amazing :)

That's all I wanted to say lol :)

HA!!! Well thanks!!! :)