TRX

Options
Does anyone here use a TRX and have any idea how to log it for exercise?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would log it as calethetics/interval training
    unless I was using it for stretching. then - obviously not that.
  • running4myboys
    running4myboys Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I do TRX and use a HRM to track it. It can vary a lot depending on the moves and if there are any cardio burst in between.
  • running4myboys
    running4myboys Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do TRX and use a HRM to track it. It can vary a lot depending on the moves and if there are any cardio burst in between.

how do you log it then?
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options

how do you log it then?

I added TRX to my list of exercises on MFP and record the calories burned from my heart rate monitor for each session. My trainer mixes things up a lot and I can get calorie burns anywhere from 200 calories for an hour (usually when all strength training) to 500 calories an hour if she adds in running intervals/squat jumps/sprinter starts, etc.. We do a lot of circuits in our class, if you do the same, you can probably log it under circuit training, but I'm not sure how accurate it will be.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    TRX attached to the bed provides creative workouts, but those are mostly "bonus" calories.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TRX attached to the bed provides creative workouts, but those are mostly "bonus" calories.

fugging genius