2 more weeks of Lent

Options
So for lent, I chose to give up alcohol and my favorite sweets -ice cream, cake and cookies. Since then I have lost of few stubborn lbs and seeing a decrease in my weight! So as it gets closer to April 17th I'm wondering who else has been successful at what they gave up for lent and do you plan to keep it rid of?

Replies

• beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I give up Cuban cigars every year and am successful every year hahaha!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I gave up my snooze alarm and replaced my 15 minute snooze tiem with a devotional reading frist thing when I wake up. I defiantly plan to continue this when lent is over. I feel better physically and mentally.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • Foxyroxy14
    Options
    I also have been very successful this year during Lent. I gave up cocktails, bread, all meat except chicken and turkey, peanut butter, and all sweets except i allow myself something sweet on Sunday. So far Ive lost 8 pounds sooo Ive been thinking about trying to abstain for the most part after Lent. I only have 35 more pounds left to reach my goal and this has sure helped me get motivated and stay on track. Best decision I made was celebrating Lent this yr. My church usually does a Daniel 21 day fast which Ive never been able to complete. Good luck on your last 2 weeks, its all down hill from here:-)
  • amm8589
    amm8589 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I gave up bread and crackers and I have stuck to it. I have kept my weight off. Last year I gave up sweets and I still don't eat them, so I'm hoping my bread and crackers days are behind me as well. I certainly don't miss them!
  • Meg5065
    Meg5065 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I gave up alcohol and adopted an almost-vegan diet. I feel great & have lost 8 lbs! (I am watching calories, too, but that's WAY easier without the wine.... :-)
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I gave up internet for pleasure except MFP obviously, social media, and TV. I'm just now starting to miss TV and the only thing I miss about social media is all the events I've missed because most people only post invites on FB now LOL it's been great though because I have read like 4 books already and I had really wanted to get back into reading. Last year I gave up coffee and missed it every minute of every day. Never again LOL
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    The last couple years I have done a diet during lent in connection with abstaining from some of the bad food I eat. Last year lasted about a 3 weeks. This year I am doing really well. I never thought I would be able to give up carbs - bread, pasta, rice, sweets and sugar cereals in the morning. With some limited exceptions, I have done well. I am even trying to wean myself off diet soda, which was my life blood. I am feeling extra motivated this lent and hopefully I can stick to it and make some new life habits.
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I gave up internet for pleasure except MFP obviously, social media, and TV. I'm just now starting to miss TV and the only thing I miss about social media is all the events I've missed because most people only post invites on FB now LOL it's been great though because I have read like 4 books already and I had really wanted to get back into reading. Last year I gave up coffee and missed it every minute of every day. Never again LOL

Very good going! So much is on the Internet these days :ohwell:
    I'm saying no to booze and still doing great :drinker:
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I gave up meat for lent. I still cook it for my family but I'm having fish or no meat at all. I am definitely a carnivore, but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Looking forward to having a meat fest on Easter! :)
  • MiqGallegos
    Options
    I gave up sweets. I've had one moment of weakness. I feel I keep starting this diet and then falling into a rutt and then starting it again. The joys of stress eating, eh?

But hey....1 moment of weakness is better than never trying! :)