Brown rice

Options
Hey guys.... been eating super healthy the past few months, but I'm really sick of waiting 50 minutes for my organic brown rice to cook, especially when I'm in a hurry. Sometimes I cook a big pot and just keep it in the fridge for when I need it, but sometimes I forget! Just wondering your opinions on Minute Rice brown rice.

Replies

• wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use Minute Rice and I like it, but I've never tried organic brown rice. Sorry not much help
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Actually just tried instant for the first time the other week and it was totally fine. Exactly the same and cooked in 15 minutes or something like that. I'd suggest it.
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I usually make a big pot of it on Sunday and I portion it out, depending what I am making it with. I eat a lot of brown rice, just plane, with spaghetti sauce, with tuna, etc...

I usually do brown rice for my lunches for the week, so it goes right into the storage containers and right to work. If there is extra I portion it out and put it in storage containers and freeze it for a quick food item later on.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    Just get parboiled brown rice - takes about 20 min to cook.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I buy the boil in a bag stuff. Ready in 10 minutes and really good, and no worries about burned rice or too much water etc.
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    If have a Trader Joe's they have boxes that have 4 bags of frozen organic brown rice. Pop 'er in the microwave for 3 minutes and you're good to go. That stuff is a lifesaver for me.