Fitbit?

Options

Replies

• LAPDpoliceNYPD
    LAPDpoliceNYPD Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a FitBit... is it worth it?
    me two
  • tdelgaudio1
    Options
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
  • marcyj
    marcyj Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The fitbit is worth every penny!

It integrates with MFP to add to or take away from your calorie deficit.

Take today, for example. I logged a light aerobics session (250 some odd calories.) However, my youngest child has the flu. Apart from that aerobics session, I've sat on my booty ALL day at doctors offices and pharmacies and what not. Fitbit stepped in and said "Wait. You're not moving enough to meet your daily burn calories, so I'm taking 203 of those exercise calories away." Making my actual exercise deficit for the day around 40 calories. If I move more later, it will give those calories back. If I sit all day it will take away more.

On days that I exercise a lot, that I'm super busy running around, and log a lot more steps, even when I add a 1,000 calorie workout, it will still give me additional exercise calories if it estimates that my movements have burned more than what I've entered. It takes the guesswork out of it!
  • Lammo_UK
    Lammo_UK Posts: 61
    Options
    Evening all

I have just started yesterday with the Fitbit Flex so feel free to add me. I haven't got a clue yet about how it interacts with MFP but I am sure I will learn...

//www.fitbit.com/user/2G5M7F

Cheers

Lammo
  • Sjarkey15
    Sjarkey15 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is totally worth it! It keeps me moving :-)

Thanks to everyone who added me!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Sending invites to all or if I missed you, you can send one to me...2F56FT

THANKS!
  • angenrod
    angenrod Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi all, I'm also new with fitbit flex!!! Can anyone help with this question... I just walked 3.4km and accoring to STRAVA (an app i use to track calories burnt) it says i burnt 384 cal. Fitbit however said i burnt 52 calories. I'm sweating from head to toe and drink 600 ml of water throught the walk....so what do i believe? fitbit or strava?
  • angenrod
    angenrod Posts: 12
    Options
    I dont know how to add people, but if you do, please add me :)
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a FitBit... is it worth it?
    I have a fitbit force and have had it for many months. I like the fact it tracks all day and night. I don't like the band. I don't like that it isn't water proof and I don't like it doesn't do heart rate so I have to use a Garmin.

THAT being said I am not disappointed I bought it when I did BUT there are so many options out now. CES (Comsumer Elec Show) had over a dozen new models released.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :)

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2DKGFS
  • marcyj
    Options
    Hi all, I'm also new with fitbit flex!!! Can anyone help with this question... I just walked 3.4km and accoring to STRAVA (an app i use to track calories burnt) it says i burnt 384 cal. Fitbit however said i burnt 52 calories. I'm sweating from head to toe and drink 600 ml of water throught the walk....so what do i believe? fitbit or strava?

Go ahead and type in what your HRM said. At first fitbit will take away some of those calories in an adjustment on your daily diary, but if you continue to move around more than you have your daily activity level set in MFP, it will give them back. If not, it will penalize you the calories which you set your profile up to believe you were going to burn (the baseline that MFP uses to calculate how many calories you need each day) and didn't.
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ready to expand my network.... bring it on!!

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2CG2WT
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Took me a whie just to figure out where to find my user ID.

Anyone who knows how, please add me: https://www.fitbit.com/user/2F3X9W
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options

Go ahead and type in what your HRM said. At first fitbit will take away some of those calories in an adjustment on your daily diary, but if you continue to move around more than you have your daily activity level set in MFP, it will give them back. If not, it will penalize you the calories which you set your profile up to believe you were going to burn (the baseline that MFP uses to calculate how many calories you need each day) and didn't.

I was so confused about the fitbit deficit and you explained it so well! So I guess I should enable it?
  • marcyj
    Options

I was so confused about the fitbit deficit and you explained it so well! So I guess I should enable it?

I'm glad I helped! I would definitely enable it...it takes all of the guesswork out!
  • healthycatrina
    Options
    Invite sent.
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
  • eddiecastro77
    eddiecastro77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a force and get 10K steps a day and love to encourage. add me: https://www.fitbit.com/user/2D9G2F