Struggling with motivation!

Options
I think now that the weather is improving and I'm working on other areas in my life, things might change. For now, however, I'm finding it VERY HARD to want to get up and move my body. I have been an emotional eater for so long that it's second nature and I'm not sure how to break the cycle.
Yesterday I had a bad day and I had been doing really well until I got some bad news, and then I said "screw it" and ate a whole foot long subway sandwich! :noway: I didn't even feel full after that, where did it all go?!
I think stress plays a big part in that for me, but with 75 pounds to lose, "what''s one more day of bingeing"?
I need to stop thinking that way! Any suggestions?

Replies

• BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    I think now that the weather is improving and I'm working on other areas in my life, things might change. For now, however, I'm finding it VERY HARD to want to get up and move my body. I have been an emotional eater for so long that it's second nature and I'm not sure how to break the cycle.
    Yesterday I had a bad day and I had been doing really well until I got some bad news, and then I said "screw it" and ate a whole foot long subway sandwich! :noway: I didn't even feel full after that, where did it all go?!
    I think stress plays a big part in that for me, but with 75 pounds to lose, "what''s one more day of bingeing"?
    I need to stop thinking that way! Any suggestions?
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    break it gradually with low calorie intake, switch your higher calorie foods with lower calorie foods you know you will like, take a walk for an hour and sit and enjoy those 2 glasses of wine when you get in with calories left over :wink:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help you but it helps me, 2lb a week is 104lb in a yr, and 52lb in 6 mo. It helps me look at the mountain in a different light. One day at a time :wink: You CAN do it!!!!! :drinker:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help you but it helps me, 2lb a week is 104lb in a yr, and 52lb in 6 mo. It helps me look at the mountain in a different light. One day at a time :wink: You CAN do it!!!!! :drinker:

I agree, losing 1 lb this week seems like "so what?" But losing over 50 lbs by this time next year, I would be HOT! :laugh:

So remember that each day you do well you should reward yourself a little (not with food!) Say that if you do your best every day this week, you will go rent a special movie, or do something fun on Saturday. Also, I needed to focus on the calories for awhile first before I could kick up the exercise. It was just too overwhelming to think about both at the beginning.