Newbie saying hi

Options
catcrazy
catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
Hi all. New here and so far very impressed, especially with the tools for calculating calories in home made meals...I rarely buy ready made stuff.

I started my diet on the 5th September weighing in at 18 stone 1. whoa, writing that down was hard!
Its hard to say what I've truly lost as I've been ill the last week so quite a bit seems to have dropped off. I think it will be a fairly slow process as its largely immobility caused by illness and the medication I need that caused a HUGE 7 stone weight gain in 2.5 years. The weight gain in turn had led to a worsening of my condition, less mobility and more steroid treatment, caught in a vicious circle but I've come to accept that if a pound a week is what it takes then that is what i'll have to accept. Joined this (and another board) as I know there will be times I get so disheartened and will need a boost from others who know what I'm going thru.
Cat

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!!!
  • lorifrost1
    lorifrost1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here!! Sounds like it's been a tough battle but you're pulling through and you can conquer this!! You can do it.
  • Hi Cat,
    I think the most important thing is getting started and getting active about the situation which is what you are doing. So great job!
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Welcome, Cat. You have taken the important first step and I applaud you for that. On MFP you will find lots of support and encouragement. We cheer lead one another and hold up others when the going gets tough. Just knowing there are (many) others who are going through the same thing is helpful.

I'll be looking for you on here. Post on the Home page so we can respond to you.

It's a journey, and we can make it to the peak.

:flowerforyou:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.

It has been tough. I maintained my weight with ease from late teens until I was 39, Having a baby didnt see me gain excess, was back at pre pregnancy weight with in 3 weeks with all (except the first but then I did start my pregnancy at 2 stone underweight) Its been hard seeing the weight going on but knowing that I haven't changed my eating habits, most has been down to lack of mobility, breathlessness is scary but even more so when its of unknown cause, I have been diagnosed with emphysema now and am starting a pulmonary rehab course soon so will know just how hard I can push myself. That should help a little but I still will be classed as sedentary so I know it will still be slow going.