Looking for muscle building friends!

Options
Hey everyone,

I recently shifted my focus from eating a caloric deficit, to eating a calorie surplus in an effort to build muscle. I'm currently doing the Body Beast program at home and I love it. I've lost nearly 40 lbs. in a little over a year, using primarily P90X and cardio such as running, but now I'd like to add some muscle. I'm a little nervous about eating more food, but it's necessary in order to gain muscle, as many of you already know. Plus, I HATE feeling hungry so much when I'm eating at a deficit! I'm taking a leap of faith and doing this program as it's intended and I plan to see it through for at least 3 months and see how it goes!

Please feel free to add me if you have similar goals so we can help each other out!

Ryan

Replies

• steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I recently shifted my focus from eating a caloric deficit, to eating a calorie surplus in an effort to build muscle. I'm currently doing the Body Beast program at home and I love it. I've lost nearly 40 lbs. in a little over a year, using primarily P90X and cardio such as running, but now I'd like to add some muscle. I'm a little nervous about eating more food, but it's necessary in order to gain muscle, as many of you already know. Plus, I HATE feeling hungry so much when I'm eating at a deficit! I'm taking a leap of faith and doing this program as it's intended and I plan to see it through for at least 3 months and see how it goes!

Please feel free to add me if you have similar goals so we can help each other out!

Ryan

Congrats on the weight loss and welcome to the world of bulking, where it's a hell of a lot harder then it sounds haha. If you're doing any kind of resistance training for your bulk, hunger usually comes with it, so happy eating! Eat all the things. Are you sticking with the current programs? Weight training?