Recording steps in excise diary??

Rebamae
Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
How do I record steps in the exercise diary. All that comes up is time.
Thanks for the help!

Replies

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    I don't know if this is ANY help, but found this calculator http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc3.htm This is just one of the suggestions for calculating when I googled it - it seems to at least take your weight into consideration.

If I were attempting to enter it into my diary, I would probably figure an average for, say 1000 steps and 'create an exercise'. Then if I did 6200 steps one day, I'd take that exercise and just modify the number of steps. MFP seems to do the calculations for you at that point. That's what i did for my treadmill.

Don't know if this helps, but at least I tried :blushing:

Happy Walking!
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    I timed how long it took me (on average) to walk 1000 steps. It was right at 10 minutes if I was walking 3 miles an hour (which is my normal/ non-exercise pace).

Then, I tracked to see how many steps I walked in a normal day. For me it was about 4000 by the time I left work and another 2000 at home. I also wanted to make sure that I didn't double count things - by having my activity level at lightly active and counting the steps.

So, what I decided was that I would walk 8000 steps and not count it as exercise. I think this also gave me a little more of a calorie boost while loosing. Then, for everything over 8000 steps I count 10 minutes for every 1000 steps. Most days now I make it to 14000 or 15000 just because I'm more aware of walking and will go out of my way to get a few hundred steps in.

I lost 50 of my 60 pounds simply by doing this and keeping a careful record of my eating.

Happy Walking!
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Fit Bit will sync with MFP. So will Map My Walk/Fitness/Ride which are all free apps for smart phones. I just found another thing called a SYNC Burn fitness band and it counts steps and many other things. The best price I have found for it is $60.99 at Best Buy and I think there is free shipping. If you have a pedometer that does calories you can use the feature that lets you enter just the calories burned. I don't remember what it's called. Good Luck!
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    After reading the reviews I am not sure I would recommend the Sync
    Burn. I would be willing to bet there is a pedometer app out there somewhere.