Ravenous after work.

Options
Does anyone else come home from work absolutely ravenous? It happen when I worked 8 to 2 and now that I am working 8 to 5 it is still happening. Only it's worse now. I plan and have a snack late in the afternoon but by the time I get home I feel like I'm starving. I am beginning to think it is emotional. Or maybe it is just a bad habit. A way to kind of zone out after being "on" all day. What do you do when this happens? Today I'm posting this message but that probably won't work every day. Any thoughts?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    water...tons of water...and try a fibre bar...or an apple with peanut butter on it. I'm usually not that hungry after work, but i can eat my face off between breakfast and lunch
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    I've got this problem too!!!

I plan snacks..and I'm still SUPER hungry after work.

I'm trying to combat it with extra water later in the day..

I hope someone has a better answer!!!
  • doris_day
    Options
    That's exactly my issue too. For some reason I'm starving right after work - which is 5:00pm. I'm trying to do alternative things to get my mind off of food and stay out of the kitchen until it's truly time to make dinner for the fam. At least you're identifing "trigger" times for eating.
  • pauldbarnhart
    pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    Years of coming home from work and heading right to the kitchen built a strong habit for me. Now, I come home from work, and go straight to MFP. That normally flips off the switch for me...knowing I've only got a couple hundred calories left generally helps me to curb my eating.

4 weeks of that, and I'm no longer starving after work.

This site is doing wonders for me!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I work my meals out to have my PM snack right before I get off work. That takes the edge off so allow me to have dinner 2-3 hours later.

Maybe plan for a higher calorie/filling snack in the PM.... something with fiber.
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    I am also very hungry when I get off work. I keep a few healthy snacks in my bag for this emergency situation. I usually eat a granola bar or protein bar on my way home. That way while Im cooking dinner I wont be eating much more than I want just because I am very hungry and cant wait. Try packing some nuts, or a piece of fruit or granola...something healthy and easy to pack and eat!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Years of coming home from work and heading right to the kitchen built a strong habit for me. Now, I come home from work, and go straight to MFP. That normally flips off the switch for me...knowing I've only got a couple hundred calories left generally helps me to curb my eating.

4 weeks of that, and I'm no longer starving after work.

This site is doing wonders for me!

I think I am going to try that