Spinning - knee injury?

Options
While I was spinning, my knees got bruises all over them from hitting the handlebars. I hit my left knee once and my right knee twice somehow, the handlebars were not too close to me but I guess it somehow happened. It's quite painful but I don't want to stop spinning as I hear that Les Mills RPM can help you lose weight. Do you guys wear knee pads? It's actually right above my knees. What should I do?

Replies

• Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    While I was spinning, my knees got bruises all over them from hitting the handlebars. I hit my left knee once and my right knee twice somehow, the handlebars were not too close to me but I guess it somehow happened. It's quite painful but I don't want to stop spinning as I hear that Les Mills RPM can help you lose weight. Do you guys wear knee pads? It's actually right above my knees. What should I do?

If you can take a picture of yourself on the spinning bike the way it was set up when you hit your knees, the community folks might be able to help you out with adjusting your bike so this doesn't happen again. I've never managed to hit my knees on the handlebars during spinning class, and I'm pretty bad at it.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Your spinning teacher should be able to help you with the correct way to set up your bike.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to move the seat back/handlebars forward.
  • wannastayfit
    wannastayfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, adjust your positioning - that shouldn't happen. Your instructor can give you tips, but your comfort is the most important thing. So glad you are spinning!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Your spinning teacher should be able to help you with the correct way to set up your bike.
    Agree. Keep up spinning, even if you have to take a few days off to heal your knees.

Proper adjustment, proper form.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Whenever I find myself in these impossible situations, I think to myself "What Would Kazimierz Do?" and eat a cookie.

I then kneel (you might want to use a pillow for this part since your knee is hurt and all) and meditate by chanting over and over again "Who Let the Dogs Out?"

I still don't know who, who would leave the dogs out, could someone tell me who would do such a thing?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Whenever I find myself in these impossible situations, I think to myself "What Would Kazimierz Do?" and eat a cookie.

I then kneel (you might want to use a pillow for this part since your knee is hurt and all) and meditate by chanting over and over again "Who Let the Dogs Out?"

I still don't know who, who would leave the dogs out, could someone tell me who would do such a thing?

I'm pretty sure it was actually Kazimierz who let the dogs out.

While eating cookies.
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am a Spinning Instructor and we get certification to teach the class. In this class we learn the proper way to fit someone to their Spinning bike. Go 15 minutes early to your next class, talk to the instructor and he/she will fit you to the Spinner.

Your knees should not be hitting or even coming close to the handle bars.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure it was actually Kazimierz who let the dogs out.

While eating cookies.

oh my heck, WHO IS kazimierz? i'm always late to the party lately. I'm all hanging out in the hotel lobby waiting for the first person to show up meanwhile everyones up in the penthouse suite on their second cocktail.
  • MayaDyra
    MayaDyra Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks for Your replies, I will ask the spinning teacher to adjust it for me. I thought that it was in the right position, since my knees didn't come into contact with the handlebars most of the time, only a few times, but it would be good if they can adjust it so that that could never happen because it's very painful and the bruises are awful. Chocolate, Kazimierz is my friend who left me because of my weight. I will answer Your message later Chocolate honey.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

nearly choked on my coffee.
    :flowerforyou:

WWKD?