help, joint pain and inflammation after workout

Options
So if anyone saw my last post. I had mentioned waking up w joint pain the last few days. I tried to go to the gym anyway and just took it easy, or at least I thought.

I did:
30 mins on the treadmill
6mins at 2.5 incline and 1.5 speed.
6 mins at 3.5 incline and 2.5 speed
2 mins at 2.8 speed same incline
6 mins at 2.5 incline and 2.3 speed.
5 mins at 2.5 incline and 2 spd
5 mins on 1.0 incliine and 1.5 speed.

Then I did about 30 reps of chess press on 10lbs
20 flys at 10lbs. 20 bicept curls each arm @ ten. 10 tricep things at ten. 30 reps of a mix of shoulder shruggs, those things where you make a T with your arms. And a slow punching motion in front of you with your arms.Then I did 20 back rows. All on ten. I felt find. So I went over to the leg press to do those. I got to 10 @ 150lbs and all of a sudden my stomach dropped and it felt like I was going to throw up. I immediatly stopped and left the gym. I got food and more water in me asap. Not feeling well still, I went home and sat on the couch.

Immediatly everything flarred up. All my joints, all my muscles. I'm STILL sick to my stomach and its been 6 hours now.
I'm freezing. Like I feel like ice, but I'm not running a temp.

What the heck is wrong with me?

Replies

• Health_Temple
    Options
    See your doctor. When you hear the disclaimer to ask a medical professional before startin any excersize or diet plan, they are speaking to you. Your body is sending you a message and it's saying dont do this!
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I"m trying to get in with a doctor but it's posing difficult. I might go to one of the care clinics instead.

This is the first time this has happened, that's why I'm so confused.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Seeing the doctor should be the first thing to do.

How long have you been exercising that way? Could you be doing too much too soon? I am not stating that a person can't do cardio and strength training in the same day but sometimes doing on alternate days may work better for some people.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You probably have an allergy to something you eat.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Stop with the incline. It's not natural. Every time I think I should use the incline I pay for it. Or maybe you are just getting a cold.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    Options
    Seeing the doctor should be the first thing to do.

How long have you been exercising that way? Could you be doing too much too soon? I am not stating that a person can't do cardio and strength training in the same day but sometimes doing on alternate days may work better for some people.

I've been doing this for close to 11 weeks now. I started Jan 8th. I didn't start getting really intense with it until about week 3 or 4 though.

I'm thinking I might be doing too much, but I really don't know what's too little either. I was planning on writing myself up a fitness plan a little kinder too me but now I'm just freaking out about it.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    Options
    Stop with the incline. It's not natural. Every time I think I should use the incline I pay for it. Or maybe you are just getting a cold.

It's definetly not cold, other than feeling like my back is bruised and my stomachs dead I feel okay from there today.

As for an allergy, that's not unreasonable, but I can't possibly think of anything I ate in the last 48ish hours that would do that.
  • Branstin
    Options
    Try cutting back a little and see if that works then gradually add back.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Have you added anything new to your diet?

I have an auto immune disease and get inflammation from eating processed and refined foods. I cut them out and my pain levels lowered by 80%.

Another thing it could be is, when is the last time you got new shoes? Good shoes make all the difference in the world.
  • Oh honey, I'm sorry you're going through some yucky spell.

Definitely try to see a doc asap even if it's a pain in the butt, you never know if it is something serious (I thought I was having a heart attack at the gym and my body went icy cold too and yes, I saw a doctor immediately).

As far as the joint pain, try an elliptical. You can still do the increased speed and incline without the constant pounding on your joints. With the nausea, did you do anything different like intake more caffeine than normal, drink less water than normal, take diet pills...whatever we eat/drink (or lack thereof) pays a huge role on our nausea.

The freezing...that is what concerns me. If you're not used to being cold natured, it's a possible sign of major cardiac issues :( please see a doctor even though you've been doing great on the workout plan so far. Everyone here loves you and wants you to lose weight healthily.

-Bonnie
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    Options
    Update: I saw a care clinic doc, they pretty much said nothing. Oh you just probably over did it. Don't workout for the next few days, drink lots of fluids, eat bland food. You probably just got a virus with it too.

The cardiac thing. . . .I have an asymptomatic heart murmur. . . ..that worries me too.
    Definetly going to get a dr appt by next week.
  • Branstin
    Options
    It's good that you are going to see a real doctor. I hope it's nothing serious.