Sushi??

jfischer
jfischer Posts: 3
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
I was wondering is sushi is OK?? I plugged it in athe food calulator and the calories are huge... I didn't think fish had that many calories!! I totally went over my amount today.....

Replies

• I was wondering is sushi is OK?? I plugged it in athe food calulator and the calories are huge... I didn't think fish had that many calories!! I totally went over my amount today.....
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Here’s useful information I gathered for those who’s seeing food as numerical objects measured in calories (calories nerd). Okay, that includes me to the list also. The problem for us the nerd is that we always want to bite into something but most of the time, that ‘something’ will disrupt our diet.

With the recent boom of Japanese restaurant here that offers sushi, I find that the solution is indeed lies on the hand of Japanese. Japanese’s sushi is a simple and healthy food for our diet. It includes seaweed, a little rice, sea food and vegetables. I find that this sushi is a perfect food for the calories nerd. In fact it is also a good food for those with high blood pressure.

Make sure that you choose only the sushi that includes seafood or vegetables as the ingredients. Not those fancy fusion sushi that is mixed with cheese and pasta. Salmon, tuna and eel sushi contain approximately 200 calories per four ounce serving. The number is cut by half if the sushi uses Shrimp and octopus. That’s not including the nutrition that the fish holds, such as: B Vitamins, selenium and Omega 3 acids. Studies has proven that those omega 3 acids actually good for your health.

Don’t forget also that the sushi comes with a Japanese dressing sauce called “wasabi”. This greenish sauce is rich in vitamin C. Sushi also comes in very small portion compared to the Super Size Mc D neighbor. It helps us to get used of small portion of food (heck if the calories nerd are not getting used to it already).

Sushi also served with japanese ginger called 'gari'. This ginger helps with digestion and also fights bacteria.

The raw seafood ingredients used in sushi are considered better than the cooked one. The raw seafood contain enzymes and nutrients that are good to human body. However make sure that the ingredients are really fresh. One way to check is by seeing whether the restaurant is crowded or not. A crowded restaurant is least likely to stock raw seafood for long.

So hop around to the nearest sushi bar and eat heartily.

Here is a link (sorry Mike but it's a must... this would be the longest post ever if I copy & paste all the info I found) to Sushi Calories and Nutritional Information:

http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-calories.htm
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    Healthier:

Why did you apologize to Mike for posting a link......did I miss something? Forbidding links?

cmriverside
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    ooohhh. I just read Mike's note in another thread about not posting web links. Maybe if people want to list their faves on their myspace page, that would work.

cm
  • Healthier_Me
    I don't know how we're going to share info if we have to take it easy on the web link sharing.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Healthier_Me,

I dont think links to informational sites will be eliminated, just the ones that go to product sales ( like ""the website who must not be named"!) or competitor websites ( other calorie counters). I think thats fair. Most everything you post, like your sushi link, would be fine,
  • Healthier_Me
    Oh ok.... *sigh of relief*
This discussion has been closed.