Fat.....

Options
Hei,
so 7 years ago I gained quite a lot of weight, and ever since I've been trying to get rid of it again. 2 years ago was my absolute max at 76.5 kg, but on average I've been around 68-72. I've been trying many different ways of getting rid of it for the last 5 years, but I never get below 68, and now I'm there again, and in a slight panic that something will happen again, and I'll never drop lower. But then main thing that is irritating me is that even though I'm at 68 now I still look quite a lot bigger than I did 5 years ago, while weighing the same. Is there a possibility that I just have more fat now, and as I'll hopefully continue to lose weight and hit my goal, that this can turn into muscle and I'll start to look the way I want to?
I’m currently at week 5 of c25k, I do 20 min of yoga everyday + 10 min of different strength exercises 5 days a week. I’m wondering if this is enough, but I’m not really looking to do more, since I want this to be a permanent change, and not just go insane and exercise for hours a day, and then get sick of it after a week. At least so far this has been the most successful plan I have followed and I really enjoy it, since it’s not too much, but enough to make me feel like I’m not doing nothing.

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a calorie deficit? That is the main thing to make you lose weight.
  • TinaLauritsen
    TinaLauritsen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes, I go for 1380 a day as a minimum, and then ad when I exercise. And so far it's been working, 2.8 kg lost since I started 52 days ago.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yes, its definitely possible that you have more fat and less muscle now than 5 years ago.

Instead of 10 minutes 5 x a week, i would look into a decent full body strength/resistance training routine to do 2-3 x a week.

ensure you are getting plenty of protein to help retain LBM.