Frumpy mummy needs motivation & support

Options
Hi everyone i'm Jen & first time mummy to a wonderful 20 month old boy. Since having him i lost all but 3 lb of my baby gain then due to PND & medication i've gained 22lb in the past 6 months & currently heavier than i was after giving birth. Physically i'm at an all time low my fitness is gone, my eating habits are terrible & i look awful in my clothes.

I'm looking for some new friends to motivate & support me as i restart my journey to health & fitness. Other parents would be greatly appreciated but anyone thats serious about kicking the fat would be great.

Replies

• marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My girls are older -16 and 12- and it gets so hard finding time for a work out, let alone having to eat well.

I've been yo-yoing for the past few months and am just getting into a slump. It's been so frustrating for me.

The first thing I know to do is just toss out all the junk food. I absolutely despise having to waste food, but tossing it and replacing it with healthier items is helpful. You could always donate any unopened packages to a church for a needy family.

I know having a 2 year old is a busy life. Have him help you go to the grocery store. Make the list together. Show him that you read labels and packaging before buying it. He may not be reading just yet, but you can certainly show him the difference between white bread and whole wheat bread (Bleached Flour, really???) Let him do workouts with you he'll love it! One thing I've learned is that cleaning house BURNS CALORIES! Instead of sitting on the couch to fold laundry, stand at the dinner table. Sweeping, mopping, even doing dishes.

That's what I've got. It's almost 7 am here, and I've only had one cup of coffee.
    I hope this helps.
    Good luck.

~M~