Healthier_Girl

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
You are a big fan of The Hungry Girl recipes. I bought her book yesterday and plan to make all of them at some point. I just wanted to ask you what were your favorites that you have made already?

Thanks!
Tami (Or Tiramisu as you like to call me! :wink: )

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    You are a big fan of The Hungry Girl recipes. I bought her book yesterday and plan to make all of them at some point. I just wanted to ask you what were your favorites that you have made already?

Thanks!
    Tami (Or Tiramisu as you like to call me! :wink: )
  • lcclane
    lcclane Posts: 11
    Options
    This is kind of weird because I have never heard of the Hungry Girl recipes until today. My co-worker was just asking me about it a half hour ago, and ordered a recipe book already. I'm interested too to see what it is like. She was reading me a few recipes, like chili cheese "fries" made with butter nut squash instead of potatoes. I am curious but a little skeptical!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi I know I am not joanna but I love the hungry girl website too. I made the kung pao chicken. If you search on this website or theirs you can get it too. It was delicious, now I make all my stir frys based off of that sauce. I also love the tofu shirataki noodles they talk about often. (Their logo and website appears on the back of the package) and I made the fettucine girlfredo. Awesome.
    I take a lot of their shopping ideas too. I now buy wonder light wheat bread, laughing cow cheese (when I think I can afford to splurge on the cost of this cheese) and I can't wait to find heinz sugar free ketchup.
    My very next endeavor will be the 100 calorie cupcakes healthier_me just posted here. I will let you know how it turns out.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Hiya Tiramisu!

Speaking of Tiramisu... I read (in HG's cookbook) that a regular Tiramisu is 1,100 cals... WTH??:noway:

Anywho....

I have way too many recipes written down & printed out so here are few that I've done and loved.

Shrimptastic Fettucinni Hungry Girlfredo (recipe is posted)

Red Velvet Insanity Cupcakes (recipe is posted)... these cupcakes is so yummy and the "frosting" is d-lish! I always have a small container in my fridge with this stuff.

Cinnamonlicious French Toast - pg. 20

Yumtastic Breakfast Burrito - pg. 14

Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla pg. 121

Sweet 'n Cinn-ful Pretzels (recipe is posted) pg. 226

Chilly Chocolate Cheesecake Nuggets (also known as Frozen Chocolate Cheesecake Bites - recipe is posted) pg. 170

I will definitely look for others that I have made.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Yeah, I think I am going to have to try them all! Starting tomorrow!! LOL!

Sorry Joanna, I called you "Healthier_Girl"....I must have had a brain fart!!! :blushing:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    :wink:
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    I made the chili chz nachos....very tasty and filling...YUMMY!!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the butternut squash "french fries" and the lasagna made with eggplant and squash.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I'm making the Layered Berry Custard Crostata (pg. 196) tomorrow.

~Joanna:flowerforyou: