Food to clear up skin?

bgh707
bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
Hey everyone,

I'm 22 years old, and I've had terrible skin for most of my adult life, apart from when I've taken medication. Right now, I'm living abroad with no access to my medications, and I have a bad reaction to antibiotics. I eat very few carbs, almost no gluten, and not even so much dairy. I'm a vegetarian, so the lack of dairy makes my diet essentially vegan. I also exercise regularly. What can I do to clear up my skin?

Replies

• Shalini_15
    Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
    Hey there.. Drink a lot of water. Include green tea in your diet. You can eat foods rich in Vit E almonds etc. Also include fruits - papaya, gooseberries, apple etc and green leafy veggies, carrots, cucumber, flax seeds etc. Plus you can apply cucumber juice to your skin, helps clearing. Reduce stress which will help improve skin. Hope this helps.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Fats, especially cold-pressed olive oil. Makes a big difference for me in many ways if I'm getting enough fat in my diet. Like, 50% of my diet is fat now, and since I've gone that high, I've gotten maybe two pimples.
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Thanks!
  • Yeah, agree with what people have said already! :smile:

Lots of oily fish like Salmon or Tuna :smile:. Onions and Garlic can also be good for your skin health too!

And like the lady said above... make sure you drink lots of water to keep your body and skin hydrated and fresh!!

Good luck :bigsmile:
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    TONS of water. Fruits and veggies.