Leslie Sansone or any walk at home programs?

Options
Has anyone had much success with either Leslie Sansone videos or any other walk at home programs? My mom and I are doing it together but I was just curious if anyone on here had success with them.

Replies

• sherbug1
    Options
    I found it great to get started with but couldn't push myself to really work at it. It seems like a good starter program. :-)
  • shelleyfey
    shelleyfey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've done the Leslie Sansone walk at home video's, but I used them to get started "walking" to build up some stamina. I will probably do them once a week or so during the cold (icky) winter when I can't get outside to walk or don't feel like braving the cold to go to the gym.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51 lbs using the WATP videos and MFP. We have a walking group going on the message board and lots of us there are using the vidoes. Here's a link if you want to check it out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/121205-swat-walking-group
  • lovelylor
    lovelylor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    On your computer go to American Heart Association Exercise TV or just Exercise TV there are a lot to choose from. The AHA has a walking video that you can do for different lengths of time -- enjoy.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I started using the Walk Away the Pounds program, along with My Fitness Pal, on July 2 and have since lost 27 lbs! I started with the one mile tape, but didn't add the weights until July 15. On July 31, I moved up to the two mile tape, still haven't added the weights, but am planning to next week. The two mile still winds me, but nothing like when I first started. My goal is to move up to the three mile walk before the holidays (hopefully to combat extra calories).

What I like about the series is that they are quick (20 minutes for the one mile, 30 minutes for the two mile) and the steps are EASY to follow (she even gives pointers for half range motions and reminders to slow down and just walk if needed, just to keep moving). As goofy as she may be, I do find her motivating and encouraging.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your fitness goals. :happy:
  • Kayte625
    Options
    i love them for days when it is raining or too late to walk outside. i have a DVD with 5 different work outs, including the 2 mile and 3 mile workout. one of the best fitness purchases i've ever made.