25 Pounds lost, can't see much difference

Options
islandnutshel
islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
Dont get me wrong. I am very happy with losing 25 pounds. It's half of my 50 goal. I am just dissapointed that it doesn't show more. Maybe I have more then 50 to lose. Cloths feel much better. Body stronger. I can run longer. Maybe the next 25 will show more. Still happy overall.

Randompics.jpg

Replies

• sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I bet is shows and you can't see it so much because you see yourself in the mirror every day. Twenty-five pounds is awesome. Don't loose heart. You lost a Thanksgiving turkey....with stuffing!
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    hahahah! Turkey and Stuffing sounds good. NOT! You did awesome! Kudos to you my friend :)
  • katyncal
    katyncal Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i hear you its hard to see a diff, but i bet others can. its hard for me to see it on myself too
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    finaly I got the pic posted, that wasn't easy.
  • macgirl1906
    Options
    You're doing wonderful! Keep it up! I've lost 7 lbs in the past 3 weeks (since I started MFP) and I can't tell. However, my co-worker seems to see a slight difference! I am hoping to start seeing results soon... not seeing results has always destroyed my state-of-mind for weight loss--I would give up too soon. However, I don't plan on giving up... not at all! :) I am going to lose 60 lbs :) down 7 lbs, only 53 lbs to go! >.<
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I see it!
    You're face, shoulders and arms are definitely slimmer! Also, you're waist is more tapered!
    Great Job!
  • thekrizzo
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome- keep it up :)
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I definately see it in your arms and inner thighs well, really your legs overall!! Keep it up you just lost a 2 year old!! 5 or 10 pounds more will make a huge difference in your pics! Keep Going your sooooo close!:happy:
  • Jozie236
    Jozie236 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Your face looks much slimmer!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    It IS noticeable...be proud of yourself!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I can see it and you are looking good! Keep it up and keep us all informed.:smile:
  • Juno99
    Juno99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look a few years younger too. Congrat!
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    I can see a big difference. Your face is the first, then your thighs, waist and arms. Your posture is different also, which is a huge difference! You should be very proud and motivated to continue. My suggestion, pick up a 25lb weight and see how heavy it feels. Then realize that is what you lost and your body was use to carrying it around. Another suggestion, start doing some weight training to tone and create muscle definition. Keep on the path as it will pay off!
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    Hello baby face.... you look about 15 years younger...amazing, well done you""
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It completely shows. Your face, neck and shoulders are totally slimmer. You have done a fantastic job. I know it can be hard to see when you are seeing yourself everyday but there is a real difference, congratulations on this amazing loss. I hope you get to see it soon too. Good luck on your continuing journey.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can definately tell around your face area...I think it's the clothes you have on which are preventing us from seeing more?

Let me reasure you..I didn't recieve any compliments from people until I'd hit the 30lbs mark...I think this is because, when losing weight, your body gets rid of the excess fat surrounding your vital organs...when this is down to certain point, you will start losing off the rest of you. When losing the fat from around your vital organs, it may not be visible in the rest of your body, but think of how much healthier you are without that excess! :flowerforyou:

I will say this though, after I'd hit 28lbs, I could see the weight loss myself, and every lb I lost I could notice a difference. In the space of 10lbs (28 - 38) people have gone from not mentioning anything, to suggesting I don't need to lose anymore. Crazy eh? The pounds lost seem to really make a difference to your body after you've lost the initial 25+ pounds.

You should be feeling so proud of yourself...that is an incredible loss...don't let this dishearten you..you have done most of the hardwork and the next 25 will be a breeze!

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You definitely can see it in your face!!!

Well done keep it up=]

2267392.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I can see it in your face for sure. Rock it out girl your doing wonderful! :flowerforyou:
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can definately tell around your face area...I think it's the clothes you have on which are preventing us from seeing more?

I will say this though, after I'd hit 28lbs, I could see the weight loss myself, and every lb I lost I could notice a difference. In the space of 10lbs (28 - 38) people have gone from not mentioning anything, to suggesting I don't need to lose anymore. Crazy eh? The pounds lost seem to really make a difference to your body after you've lost the initial 25+ pounds.

The cloths I wear were bought for the sole purpsose of hiding. I wonder when that goes away.
    I am looking forward to hitting that 28-38 mark and looking much different. For now I watch measurements change.
    I just got my Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred and if it doesn't kill me, it will change my shape.
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Your face is looking so much slimmer! Keep up the great work you are doing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!