P90x3 or T25?

Options
npostemni
npostemni Posts: 102 Member
I'm looking into purchasing in a new workout program and I have heard great things about both P90x3 and T25. I like how they are both super short. If anyone can let me know what they think about either one of these programs that would be great. I would consider myself between beginner and intermediate. I have previously tried turbofire and hated it because the moves were to hard to learn.
Thanks

Replies

• npostemni
    npostemni Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have only tried P90X3 (on day 84 at the moment) and love it. I especially like the diversity in the work-outs, ranging from strength training to yoga. I did block one of insanity last year and even though that was a great work-out, it was too cardio-centric for me.
    The 30-minute format is really convenient and makes it that much easier to stick to.

Good luck with whichever programme you choose!
  • Mathlete22
    Mathlete22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i vote p90x3 because it has the diversity and not just cardio
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I do a 38 minute version of insanity at my gym
    I think its great and am sure T25 is just like it..
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    P90X3 is more varied, mixing strength, cardio, stretching, and yoga into your week instead of pure cardio like T25.
  • lijsda1
    lijsda1 Posts: 169
    Options
    Both programs are 30 minutes but P90X3 is more muscle confusion and T25 is more HIIT cardio. It just depends on what your goal is. I personally like T25 better and T25 does include weight training in the Gamma phase.
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing T25 and really like it. From what I've seen of the P90X3 informercial it looks like (as another said) it's more focused on muscle confusion. T25 has more of a mix of cardio and muscle work. I'm not sure if there is a modifier in P90X3, but T25 has someone showing modifiied moves for every workout, which sometimes I need. If you are a beginner-intermediate this may be beneficial to you.
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I just finished X3 and have now started T25 today was day one of week two. Both have modifiers. The great thing about X3 is that you track what weights you are using and how many reps you do so you can see yourself getting stronger with every workout. I had absolutely NO upper body strength due to a car accident so I started slow and with light weights. I lost 10 pounds and over 11 inches in 90 days, but I'll be the first to admit that had I followed the nutrition guide, I would have had better results. Both are hard but totally doable. Feel free to add me for support if you'd like.
  • kimbolinamejia
    Options
    Like some of the others mentioned - It really depends upon what you are looking for. I am a runner so for me, P90X3 is wonderful. I am building strength and muscle with that program and getting my cardio in with my runs. If you want more cardio, then go with T25. Both programs have modifiers so you can start with those and advance as you progress.

If you are looking for a program with a great nutritional plan that is easy to follow, there is also the 21 Day Fix that came out not too long ago. That program also has the shorter workouts and has modifiers. Comes with portion control containers for an easy to follow meal portions.