I gained 2.5 pounds overnight!!

Options
13»

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, Weigh once a week!!!

Don't stress
  • leslieo23
    Options
    it's probably from lack of sleep.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    it's probably from lack of sleep.
    it's probably poop.
    or water.

not lack of sleep.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Wth. I've been on a diet for a little over a week now. I had already lost almost 5 lbs from Mar. 24-yesterday. I went 132 calories over yesterday because I read the nutrition labels on my lunch wrong and didn't realize until after I had already purchased the food. I also slacked up on my water and only drank about 4 cups instead of 6 (which I'm working to get up to 8+). Then, at around 12:30 AM I ate a 255 calorie sandwich because I worked 5-10 and missed dinner.

I exercised everyday but Sunday last week and was going to work out yesterday, but I was up until almost 1:00 doing homework (and still didn't finish everything) and was barely awake enough to finish one (of many) of my assignments. While I could have and have got by on 2 hours of sleep and less, I just could not motivate myself to do exercise last night/this morning.

I got on the scale this morning and it read +2.5 pounds.
    >:-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( I weighed myself again just to make sure it and it still said +2.5 lbs. WTFFFFFFFFF
    Is this normal or just water weight?
    Weight naturally fluctuates. You could be retaining water due to anything- stress, too much sodium, new exercise, close to time of month. You don't gain fat overnight.

According to the scale, I've put on 2 pounds since last Friday. Well, not two pounds of fat but two pounds of water. How do I know this? (1) I haven't went over my TDEE by 7,000 calories or even anywhere close, (2) fat does not appear overnight or even over a week, (3) My sodium intake is up this last week, and sodium grabs water, (4) I've upped my weights, which causes your body to hold onto water for muscle repair.

All this, plus work has been pretty stressful lately.

My gosh, what do I do?

I continue doing what I am doing and the water weight will drop in a few weeks. If I am wrong and it doesn't, simply set my calorie goal to lose .5 pounds a week and get it off.

The thing about using MFP is that it is loaded with tools to help you manage your weight.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't weigh daily. Your weight will naturally fluctuate on a daily basis. Unless you can handle these natural fluctuations, then don't weigh every day. Problem solved.