plateau advice

rnd789
rnd789 Posts: 50 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I've heard that "shocking" your body, by eating more calories one day and less the next, can help you get over a plateau, but exactly how many more calories are we talking on those higher days?

Replies

• kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    I imagine this number would be different for everyone. For me, I have one cheat MEAL every 7 to 10 days. That meal usually puts me over my calories by appx. a couple hundred. But all the other days, I come in like 200-500 calories under my calorie goal. I have found this works for me. I also drink about a gallon of water a day. I do not have a cheat DAY. Just one meal that it's anything I want, and I make it count. It is something I really want, and I make sure I enjoy it. I'm not going to waste it on some greasy burger in a drive through. Good luck!
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Yeah, I am interested in this too, as I have been at the same weight for five days now. I know we can't consistently lose every day, but five days? Come on! I'm ready for my scale to start ticking down again.

Shocking my body by eating more/less/more/less? I've not heard that. I will check back here for ideas. I keep hoping, hoping that the scale will agree with me, that it needs to show some more weight loss, but right now it's stuck.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    I wouldn't call 5 days with no change a plateau, I know it is frustrating but 5 days is nothing. The body works in amazing ways and weighing every day isn't really an accurate account of what is happening. I know it is hard but don't weigh yourself again for 7 days, really concentrate on your calories and make sure you are getting lots of high volume low calorie meals in and do this for the 7 days then weight yourself again.

For going up and down on calories as long as the "over" one day is about the same as the "under" the next, your total cal count wil be ok. It was just an easy way to log calories to count them in a 24 hour period, it would be the same if you logged them weekly. It is the overall calorie defecit that matters.
This discussion has been closed.