Why am I gaining inches??

Options
Hello all! SO I had my measurement done last night for this month and I have lost 2% bodyfat (WOO HOO) and a total of 11 lbs (woo hoo)
BUT I gainealmost 2 inches in my waist and 1 inch in my hips from last month??? WHY??? How am I losing fat and weight but gaining inches???

Also posted on Fitness and Motivation.....

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    measuring a different spot on your body, even just slightly different, can cause inconsistencies in your numbers. So that's one possibility.
  • Janay333
    Janay333 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did you measure yourself? That is a really hard way to get your accurate measurement. Have someone else do it for you...
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was measured by my wellness coach at the gym.. she has done all my measurements...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I only went back a few days in your diary, and it was blank.

How much are you eating per day?
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    my guess is a combination of mismeasurement and potentially some water retention currently. Do your pants feel tighter? If not, then there's no way you gained an inch on your hips.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you gained 2 inches around your waist you would definitely feel it in your pants. How are they fitting? if the same or looser than it's a matter of measurement error.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Body recomposition can be a b!tch.

Take pictures, that is often the best way to judge your progress. Measurements can be deceptive.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    PMS?