Why am I gaining inches??

Options
Hello all! SO I had my measurement done last night for this month and I have lost 2% bodyfat (WOO HOO) and a total of 11 lbs (woo hoo)
BUT I gainealmost 2 inches in my waist and 1 inch in my hips from last month??? WHY??? How am I losing fat and weight but gaining inches???

Also posted on Fitness and General.....

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Against MFP guidelines to make multiple posts. They will probably delete one.

Remember that your body can lose weight and fat and not always where we want it to. Did the same person do your measurements the first time? I would say it's probably measurement error. See what happens next check.
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes the same person did the measurments.. I get my measurements taken by by wellness coach at the gym.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's likely measurement error/inconsistency. Where you take measurements makes a huge difference. For instance, some measure the waist at the natural line where your torso bends sideways (near bottom of rib cage) while some measure the thickest part of your tummy. For legs, think of how they taper - the higher part is thicker and narrows as it gets closer to the knee.

Why not ask the person doing the measurements?