Hello All!

Options
Hey, just following the rules here and wanted to introduce myself. I just signed up for MFP today and have already found a new sense of direction. There isnt enough space in this forum for me to document my battle with being overweight, then losing it, then gaining it back.......... etc, etc, etc.. Readers digest version: I grew up being overweight. I was the butt of everyone's jokes. When I got to Jr. High I lost ALOT of weight and got very interested in weight lifting and football. I had the time of my life in High School. I was a "jock" who dated the cheerleaders, blah, blah, blah....... I went to college and started to gain some weight back. I got married and gained ALOT of weight. I got divorced and lost almost 100 lbs. That was 6 1/2 years ago and I vowed to NEVER EVER let myself get like that again. Well, here I am looking at myself in the mirror and saying "I hate you"..... Not good! I've gained 80 of those 100 lbs back and it has to stop! I am almost to the point that I will no longer be able to buy clothes at the GAP anymore because they don't have my size. I can't let that happen. I manage a regional medical supply company with locations in 2 states so my days are unfortunately very sedentary not to mention the fact that I am going back to college for my Masters Degree in Business Adminstration so my time at home is also sedentary. I am hoping that by having a support group around me I can fight this battle once again. I hope I can be a help to anyone who needs it. That's about it. Please friend me or however you do that on here as I would like to get to know you. Thanks!

Replies

• lindsayhowell84
    Options
    Well, It's nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing your introduction. I too have been thin and in "mint" shape as far as the army was concerned. Before that, I was 30-40 lbs. overweight. Since I got out and started nursing school I've gained it ALL back. We're in the same boat. Hope all goes well with you. I share in the pain of looking in the mirror and feeling the same way. =)
  • blbond82
    Options
    Welcome. I can definitely relate to having worked to get thin only to find myself down the road back in the same...and worse...spot. This site's been great though for allowing me to really see what is going in my mouth.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You will love it here. The program really works. You can add me as a friend if you'd like. Welcome!