Zombies, Run! App

Options
13»

Replies

• therealkat
    therealkat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    yeah -- the programmers know this is an issue. I've written to them a few times. once I got an iphone, problem solved... but they need a good solution for android
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I accidentally bought Zombies Run! a few weeks ago. Only had an ipod nano so I treated myself to an ipod touch just so I could use the app. Also discovered lots of other helpful apps as well, including MFP.

Only completed 4 missions, mostly walking ... but when they say run, I RUN! I did manage to run .5 mile straight Friday so there's hope yet.

Question ... I have chases enabled but have not been chased yet. :( I walk/run on a treadmill, have the accelerometer turned on. When will the walkers start coming after meee?
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I use it on my treadmill with the zombie chase turned off. It's a great motivator to make time for the next workout because you want to see what happens in the next part of the story
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking of downloading this myself.

But I've done c25k before so I wouldn't have to start from the beginning, though I'm not fit enough to just go straight into 2. Will it let you start in the middle, and does the story make sense if you do that?
  • gwensoul
    gwensoul Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just finished S1, love it. Also did the C25K version and it was fantastic.
  • looseseal
    Options
    runner 5 here./... i use it on the treadmill and am working my second time through season 2.... let me just say it is an amazing season !!!! can not wait for season 3!

Do you get zombie chases on the treadmill? I am on S1M8 and still haven't gotten any chases. Have it enabled, accelerometer is checked, going fast enough. Am I missing something? Thanks.
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up week 5 of season 1. I can't wait to finish this season and get the next.
  • nebraskalaska
    nebraskalaska Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did ZRC25K last year and I just completed season 1 today! I stopped using it for a bit, but I'm banished to the track while I'm keeping an eye on a injury, so it's been great to have it.
  • laridaes
    laridaes Posts: 13
    Options
    Oh I love these replies - I just got it today and plan to get started tomorrow, on treadmill. I got halfway through couch to 5k a year or so ago and then when out walking my dogs they saw RABBIT and jerked me sideways and I severely sprained my meniscus on my right knee - all healed now and I can't wait to get started.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Runner 5, reporting for duty!
  • looseseal
    Options
    Ok, still doing some digging around and according to the updated version of about a year ago, they added treadmill zombie chases (via accelerometer). So you should get them if you're in that mode (like on a treadmill). Also, the chases occur during your music, which is not what I thought. I assumed they happened during the story part. Now I just have to figure out why I"m not getting chased. Maybe it's time to contact ZR support.
  • girlyfied
    girlyfied Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I decided to give the 5K version a try. It's fun!

Me, too! I haven't run in ages, but have been wanting to get back to it. This looks fun.
  • looseseal
    Options
    I messaged the support team at ZR about not getting chases. Got a generic email back and am still waiting to hear from them. They did send me this link (which I had already seen): https://sixtostart.zendesk.com/entries/23146608-Does-Zombies-Run-work-on-a-treadmill- This link was within the previous link: https://sixtostart.zendesk.com/entries/22966461-Accelerometer-Treadmill Now, I do NOT see any option to enter where I want to place my ipod so ... there's that. However, this morning I did two things differently. I ran (5.2mph) when the songs were playing, rather than just walking faster and I moved my ipod from my hip (clipped to the waistband of my shorts) to my sports bra. I got chased! Two during the mission and one during radio abel. SO ... either running during the songs is a must OR it wasn't placed correctly on my shorts. I'm hoping it's the running part. I did try walking briskly (4.3mph) during a song but got no chases. Ran the next song, got chased.

Anyway, just passing the info along for anyone else who might find themselves not getting chased when on a treadmill.
  • looseseal
    Options
    Heard back from the ZR support people. Here's what they wrote:

"The iOS version of the game does not have separate accelerometer modes for 'pocket', 'in hand' and 'armband', as it has been designed with a single accelerometer tracking mode adapted for all three. However, if you are having problems triggering chases then it is still worth moving the device around on your body to see if it improves tracking, as you have been doing.

I'm afraid that accelerometer tracking is inherently less accurate than GPS tracking, so this is a difficult problem to troubleshoot. Hopefully you will find that the app is able to track you better when the device is held in different places during your run."

So, for anyone using the accelerometer mode, you most certainly can get zombie chases. Try different placements of the ipod.