Weight loss foods? Fat burning foods?

Options

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

WOw people were quick to respond that there is nothing? I think green tea is a metabolism booster. When I drink it it can make me irritable so I stick with black tea, but anyway keep doing your thing. Questions are always a good thing. Let the haters hate! LOL you are a wonderful girl!

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain green tea also contains quite a bit of caffeine - not really appropriate for a breastfeeding mom.
  • Sallyrose5994
    Options
    Hey girl,

WOw people were quick to respond that there is nothing? I think green tea is a metabolism booster. When I drink it it can make me irritable so I stick with black tea, but anyway keep doing your thing. Questions are always a good thing. Let the haters hate! LOL you are a wonderful girl!

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain green tea also contains quite a bit of caffeine - not really appropriate for a breastfeeding mom.

Here is a link about green tea http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-green-tea it is fine to drink while breastfeeding, read up
  • Sallyrose5994
    Options
    [/quote]

Green tea has very little caffiene, I am also a breastfeeding mom and its fine to drink.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Green tea has very little caffiene, I am also a breastfeeding mom and its fine to drink.

Respectfully, it depends on the brand, amount of time steeped, etc. While it is on the list of things that women can have while breastfeeding, I personally would not recommend a product with caffeine to a breastfeeding mother when she could lose weight effectively by creating a calorie deficit. I do not think the supposed metabolism-boosting weight loss properties warrant passing the caffeine through the breastmilk to the baby. I am also a breastfeeding mom.
  • Sallyrose5994
    Options

Respectfully, it depends on the brand, amount of time steeped, etc. While it is on the list of things that women can have while breastfeeding, I personally would not recommend a product with caffeine to a breastfeeding mother when she could lose weight effectively by creating a calorie deficit. I do not think the supposed metabolism-boosting weight loss properties warrant passing the caffeine through the breastmilk to the baby. I am also a breastfeeding mom.

Well to each her own. Good luck on your journey
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    lol and you must be a jerk.... cuz it shows, lol get over yourself
    that was meant for MRM27-- obviously I am new here and an idiot.
    Hey now. Someone's sensitive. Maybe we can work this out over some green tea. But it can't be to late, I don't want my metabolism getting all hyped up, not allowing me to sleep.

That's what she said :3
  • Sallyrose5994
    Options
    lol and you must be a jerk.... cuz it shows, lol get over yourself
    that was meant for MRM27-- obviously I am new here and an idiot.
    Hey now. Someone's sensitive. Maybe we can work this out over some green tea. But it can't be to late, I don't want my metabolism getting all hyped up, not allowing me to sleep.

WEll thanks for helping me figure out this reply thing, now maybe I won't look so new, LMAO. Yea, you look a little over hyped as is, you better be careful.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    There is nothing, no pills, no magic tea, that will make you lose weight. Make you use the restroom? Have caffeine? Sure. But the only way to lose weight is to create a calorie deficit. Period.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    I didn't know EMT's fought crime. LMAO Douche

This is not going to go well for you, sweetheart D:
    Take it from someone who learned the hard way.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    Wow, I'll try and squeeze something in here between the cat fights.

I've never found any sort of medication (OTC or otherwise) that really burns fat, but I have found that keeping large amounts of water within reach is really helpful for keeping my metabolism running at a good pace. On days that I forget my water bottle at work, I feel more lethargic and I'm not as "regular" if you catch my drift. When I started trying to form this habit, I would set phone reminders every hour reminding me to drink a glass of water (I turned them off at night, obviously).

If you are looking for a supplement to help you out, I've had some on and off success with Green Caffeine, but I definitely would not recommend it while breastfeeding. I've just found that it seems to curb cravings a bit, but it may be a placebo effect or the fact that I stick to high protein foods during the day. It's certainly no miracle solution.

As an aside, fat is not your enemy. Grab your good fats from fish, nuts, avocados, etc. They keep you full for a long time and are really great for you!
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    I didn't know EMT's fought crime. LMAO Douche

This is not going to go well for you, sweetheart D:
    Take it from someone who learned the hard way.
    Yup, exactly. Calling someone a jerk then a douche. Looks like someone forgot to read the TOS.

Ironically, that is how I got both strikes one and two.
    Third time's the charm.
    At least I learned something c:
    (I still think they deserved it.)
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Far play there are some pathetic sarcastic people on this site. Blueeyedmummy, about 7 year ago I used something called hoodia, I'll dig out the exact brand and message you, I found it decreased my cravings. No doubt all the diet pill police will kick off at the very suggestion of this, but as you asked i am happy to tell you about my experience with hoodia x
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Something to hide!! What is this CSI Miami? That made me lol!! I've already said it was hoodia and I am friends with her outside this thread. Can't believe I have to justify that.
  • Healthy_Varshah
    Healthy_Varshah Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can a food burn fat?? :O
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think I'd be insanely careful when it came to suggesting supplements to a breastfeeding mother.
    Similarly, I'd be insanely careful what supplement suggestions I took from an Internet stranger, were I a breastfeeding mother.

But that's just me.