Left a weight loss program . . .

Options
Today, I quit another commercial weight loss program. I have done that program 3 times. Once a year. I HAVE lost a lot of weight and have put back on some but not all that I lost. I am 50 # less than before it all began. But still 8# above where I want to be and 5# came back in the past two weeks since I finished phase 3 and went into phase 4 (maintenance). You see I CAN work the program, when it's fake processed food packets, tons of veggies & enormous amounts of protein, restricted carbs and follow the directions. No cravings and weight falls off. It's maintenance that trips me up. And their program is lousy in that phase. They do not know nutrition, just the1,2,3 rules. So I quit. I'm giving MFP a shot. Hopefully I can learn to eat sensibly, lose, re-lose the rest. I am only 5'1 (if I stand really tall) and have NO wiggle room. Thanks to whoever started the MFP program. SO many contributors have put so many items on the food list, that it's very easy to journal. And fast. Wish me luck and discipline. Thx.:wink:

Replies

• Shell_1384
    Shell_1384 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with MFP! I joined a few months ago but didn't get serious until 1 month ago. It definitely keeps me accountable when I track everything in my diary. Feel free to send me a friend request and we can support each other through this journey :) A support system is SO important!
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking about weight loss and general health in terms of "programs." That word implies that there's a point at which the program ends. There isn't.

You're not "doing a program"; you're changing your lifestyle in order to meet and maintain the weight and health goals you've set for yourself.

Congratulations on making this decision - it really will change your life for the better. Good luck!