Someone bring back these NOMS!

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    polls_chili_4105_552705_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

It looked like a soiled diaper when you opened it but it was delicious. BAM!

They don't still have this? I loved those too... Chili cheese burrito and an order of nachos. Every Saturday night after going to the bars in college. Oh my poor stomach...

they still have it.

same for the meximelts...
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    The original S'Mores cereal. The remake is terrible.

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/cereal_detail.asp?id=332

Frosted Vanilla Creme Poptarts (which are currently back for the 50th Birthday!)

http://www.amazon.com/Pop-Tarts-Chocolate-Vanilla-Creme-8-Count/dp/B000E283LM

(Sorry I can't do pics at work)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Found this website on a Groupon a couple of years ago - you can shop for candy by the decade you grew up in like...

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/1980s.htm

chewy-spree-candy.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I miss these:
    carnationp.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Found this website on a Groupon a couple of years ago - you can shop for candy by the decade you grew up in like...

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/1980s.htm

chewy-spree-candy.jpg

They still sell them!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Cheetoh Paws!

I miss you so much *sob*

120105448678b58e3d35b951c42a8cfcbc6f0b.jpg

OMG YES!!!

Batman+Cereal+3.jpg

Tell me I'm not the only one that wanted Batman cereal when I was little.

I second it!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    polls_chili_4105_552705_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

It looked like a soiled diaper when you opened it but it was delicious. BAM!

They don't still have this? I loved those too... Chili cheese burrito and an order of nachos. Every Saturday night after going to the bars in college. Oh my poor stomach...

they still have it.

same for the meximelts...

I order a meximelt every time! It's still my favorite.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    This was hands down the best cereal ever and it was back before I care about what I ate.

517rc_NKUUQL_AA500_PIbundle_6_Top_Right_0_0_AA500.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    This is one I remember fondly from being a kid, when Pizza Hut introduced Priazzo... that was back before there was pizza delivery and you would go to the restaurant and they had a sit down video game, two players on either side - Mrs Pacman and Galaga...

Now that I am older and my pizza palate has been exposed to other options I realize this is similar to Chicago style deep dish pizza, but as a kid this seemed revolutionary....

AAA5853.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    enhanced-buzz-24285-1313607559-13.jpg

*drool*
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Just kidding. That stuff was terrible. How about:

just_like_dad_candy_cigarettes_1.jpg

My mom caught me with those one time and beat my @ss, can't say I'm a fan.....

That sounds as bad as my mom. She would go off on my dad for letting us go to the arcade. "It's like gambling," she'd say. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    main_food_flops.jpg

^^ They still sell this around here...
  • cschultz7
    Options
    http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Pepsi+blue.+Please+come+back+i+miss+you_5e7ff1_3678718.jpg

PEPSI BLUE...apparently its still out there but only in Indonesia. :sad:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    jello-pudding-pops-bill-cosby.jpg

Totally miss! Our turn to go off on mom if she didn't bring these home from the store.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Ok...wow. I had no idea "Chi-Chi's" was a slang for boobs until I google imaged it....at work. Whoops..... Sooooo, anyway...totally miss Chi-Chi's restaurant in the US - it was my FAVORITE!!

Seafood chimichanga and fried ice cream for dessert.Our old Chi Chi's is a Hong Kong Buffet now.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    This is more of a funny one than anything. I'm so old I remember tan m&ms, and no blue m&ms.

tan-mms-feature.jpg

YES! The tan/light brown ones were my favorite. People swear they all taste the same, but there's something about the tan ones and the green ones that are special.:love:

The tan ones used to mean that we'd hit a home run. The green ones used to mean that you'd get horny after eating them. :laugh:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

That sounds as bad as my mom. She would go off on my dad for letting us go to the arcade. "It's like gambling," she'd say. :laugh:

My mom's actually about as liberal as you can get, but smoking was the one thing that was considered to be absolutely abhorrent in our household. I don't think I've EVER seen her so mad!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Ok...wow. I had no idea "Chi-Chi's" was a slang for boobs until I google imaged it....at work. Whoops..... Sooooo, anyway...totally miss Chi-Chi's restaurant in the US - it was my FAVORITE!!

Seafood chimichanga and fried ice cream for dessert.Our old Chi Chi's is a Hong Kong Buffet now.

Which Chi Chis (assuming in KC)? I grew up in Gladstone. Used to go to Chi Chi's on Barry Road.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkis_ABcCYGPEEXMYrwM4J1Qpf_skKxOadc01DB1x_u4Cfuh9qPw
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

My mom's actually about as liberal as you can get, but smoking was the one thing that was considered to be absolutely abhorrent in our household. I don't think I've EVER seen her so mad!

My mom was crazy back then, but she has since bought "candy sticks" for the grandkids and even taken them to the arcade, where games are now $1 or $1.50 instead of a quarter per play. I feel like Bill Cosby..."This is not the woman I grew up with! This is now an old person trying to get into heaven!" :laugh: