Awesome workouts that cost nothing

Options
Hi guys!

Just want to share the love and recommend the website Fitness Blender (for those of you don't know about it already) It's an infinite resource of free (god how i love that word) and awesome workouts available through their website: http://www.fitnessblender.com/
I've looked at loads of fitness websites over the years but the thing that makes this one particularly great in my opinion:

A) Most workouts have a calorie counter so you can see the fat blasting away (soooooo good)
B) They have a large section about eating clean and nutrition advice
C) Their search function on the website is awesome. You can search by level, minutes, type of activity etc, so you can find your perfect workout for your own level! Amazing
D) They don't play any stupid music so you can concentrate and work out with just them or put your own music on, winner!

Enjoy!

Replies

• kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Free workouts are the best! Here's my favorite site: http://neilarey.com/workouts.html
    Geek themed workouts with a sorting system at the bottom of the page. It's happiness.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here's another one.....

http://www.totallyfreeworkouts.com/
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender is awesome! I love their HIIT workouts.

Even though it is hard to believe for some, there are people out there that do not have daily access to a computer. I think running (even running in place if the safety of the neighborhood is an issue), jumping jacks, push-ups, and a whole host of body exercises are great. Doing something is better than doing nothing!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I adore Fitness Blender!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Even though it is hard to believe for some, there are people out there that do not have daily access to a computer. I think running (even running in place if the safety of the neighborhood is an issue), jumping jacks, push-ups, and a whole host of body exercises are great. Doing something is better than doing nothing!

This is so true............inexpensive resources

Local libraries carry workout DVDs.....also check thrift stores .....DVDs and TONS of VHS if you've got a VCR

Cable TV - Lifetime has Denise Austin, Oxygen & PBS have yoga, Discovery has FitTV, Exercise TV (Comcast) , Christian Fitness

RedBox has a couple of Wii & XBox games that are fitness related.....along the same lines....Family Video has fitness DVDs too

Deck of Cards workout: Hearts = cardio, Diamonds = upper, Spades = lower, Clubs = abs. Play: draw the 8 of hearts - do 8 jumping jacks, draw 10 of diamonds do 10 push ups .... etc.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options

This is so true............inexpensive resources

Local libraries carry workout DVDs.....also check thrift stores .....DVDs and TONS of VHS if you've got a VCR

Cable TV - Lifetime has Denise Austin, Oxygen & PBS have yoga, Discovery has FitTV, Exercise TV (Comcast) , Christian Fitness

RedBox has a couple of Wii & XBox games that are fitness related.....along the same lines....Family Video has fitness DVDs too

Deck of Cards workout: Hearts = cardio, Diamonds = upper, Spades = lower, Clubs = abs. Play: draw the 8 of hearts - do 8 jumping jacks, draw 10 of diamonds do 10 push ups .... etc.

I never heard of that workout before. Great idea!
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, OP! :)
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Bump!