When you over sleep.

Options
Do you still have breakfast, or move onto the next meal? I woke up at noon today, so I went ahead and just started with lunch.

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I never oversleep...My kids won't let me.LOL! But I'd just move on to the next meal.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how I'm feeling. But usually I'll have some form of breakfast, then have lunch later and go for a run before / after supper.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I never oversleep...My kids won't let me.LOL! But I'd just move on to the next meal.

This! I last overslept about 6 years ago (this does not incllude hitting the snooze 3 or 4 times so that I get up at 6:30 instead of 6 am).
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just move on. This means I have breakfast food that I mean to eat for three days in a row before I actually eat it sometimes, but that's okay. It gets eaten eventually. And my breakfasts tend to be small, so it's not too many calories to shift around.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I keep special K crisps in my cupboard and grab one of those as I go out the door. On the rare occasions I sleep to noon (I can't even remember the last time I did that!) I have brunch.
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Depends on how I feel really. I may not eat "Breakfast" but you can be sure I'll get those calories back sometime during the day!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time I skept until noon! After 2 children(now grown) and 8 years of getting up at 2:30 AM for work, sleeping in for me meant waking up at 6:30 or 7! Must be nice. But, I digress. In answer to your question, in my younger days when I actually could sleep until noon, I would probably combine both meals into a sort of brunch.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Unless I sleep past 10, I never have breakfast. Brunch is pretty much as early as I manage to eat and that is only on weekends. It's 2:12 p.m. right now and I haven't eaten anything yet.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Well that depends, if I wake up after 10:30 (yup, I still do that *evil laugh*) I mark it as lunch even if it's breakfasty foods. I'm OCD about time and logging though. YMMV.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my breakfast, so no, I never skip it no matter how my morning goes. Lol
  • shane_tac1
    shane_tac1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just eat two meals at once when i do that :)
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Oversleep??? noon????

How do you do that?

Sleeping in for me is 7am so I've never missed my breakfast!
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I just eat two meals at once when i do that :)

Lol I like your way of thinking here.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    In for self-righteousness on waking up early versus sleeping in.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving breakfast-type foods, then that's what I'll have.
    If I feel like eating lunch, then that's what I'll have.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    AFAIK, breakfast is whatever you eat after you wake up. It doesn't matter what time it is or what you eat.

I know I'm not the only one who eats cold pizza for breakfast...technically that's not breakfast food but that doesn't mean I can't eat it at 8am! I've also had leftover thai food, tuna fish sandwiches and cold spaghetti with sauce first thing in the morning. And when I was growing up, we'd have "breakfast" for dinner once in a while - pancakes, eggs, etc. Why not?!

<insert Cartman "I do what I want" gif here>
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    I last overslept about 6 years ago (this does not incllude hitting the snooze 3 or 4 times so that I get up at 6:30 instead of 6 am).

I have a fifteen month old and if I make it to 6:30 it really is cause for celebration!

That said, today I overslept a little and grabbed a hard boiled egg I made last night for my breakfast. I was suprised that it was fairly satisfying considering it was all I had.
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I didnt exactly oversleep today. I'm up at 530 every weekday morning to take my daughter to the bus stop. I then do a few chores before leaving for work at 9am. I work from 10am-9pm 4 days a week. I am off Wed, Thurs and Sunday. Today was one of my off days and when I returned from the bus stop run I crashed back into the bed at about 9. I slept until 1pm. When I got up I had apple pie oatmeal (1 cup). I usually have lunch at 4pm, so today my breakfast/lunch will be a bit closer but I'll manage somehow :bigsmile:
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Technically whatever meal you eat after waking up is breakfast (literally you're breaking the fast that your body had while you slept) so this question is kind of pointless. Not in a bad or mean way, just saying.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Do you still have breakfast, or move onto the next meal? I woke up at noon today, so I went ahead and just started with lunch.

What do you mean by "breakfast" then...is it the food you eat or the time you eat it? If I sleep in, I'll still have the same amount of calories I normally do over the course of the day, just the timing might be different.