Artists & Crafters

Options
RaeLB
RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
I want to hear about what kind of arts or crafts you do, whether professionally or as a hobby. (Arts in the broadest sense: drawing, writing, creating music, woodworking, etc).

I use to paint a bit (which I am terrible at but I find it therapeutic), and make clothes and pillows. I have not done much of any of this since the summer and I'm looking for ways to exercise my creativity again - especially in ways that I have yet to try!

Do share :smile:

Replies

• FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I draw, mainly with pen and prisma colored pencils. Used to do plastic canvassing but that took way too much time - made a bunch of cute magnets and kitchen ware though! I want to try painting and water color...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    painting - multimedia, water colour, acrylic usually abstractish
    drawing & sketching
    making my own clothing /purses/ bags and such
    I am verrry good at upcycling things as well
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I make custom digital picture frames and sell them on etsy
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    cross-stitching (needle point)
    embroidery
    card making (mostly with stamps)
    scrap booking

and soon to add to the list - knitting
    (I was watching a 5 year old at my church knit the other day. If she can learn, why can't I!)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    ohh so many cool ideas! I need to get to a craft store!
  • phyl303
    phyl303 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I make soap.
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Mixed media art. stuff on my profile. Having a gilding obsession at the moment. I've gilded eggs so far and working on a wooden box now, trying to make it look weird and old. Happy creating folks.
  • ThreePartBreath
    Options
    I've dabbled in so much of the arts, fine, digital, musical etc.
    Mostly I paint with watercolors and do pencil sketches.

I have made/sewn costumes, used to be into acrylic paints (I find them fairly boring compared to watercolor though), photography, and played the flute, guitar and handbells and I like to try and sculpt on occasion..Try is the keyword there, haha.
    I've also tried to get into digital sketching but it just doesn't feel right.
    Art is such a big part of my life, I love it.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I play clarinet and am a poet.
  • DinahAnaya
    Options
    I paint acrylic, and love to keep learning and updating my skills with floral, painting and baking.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Drawing & painting--I painted the murals in one of the NICUs I used to cover.

Writing-fictional long stories, short stories & poetry.

Sewing--I've done everything from normal clothing, heirloom children's clothing & christening gowns, men's suits, formal gowns & bridesmaids dresses.

Knitting & crocheting--sweaters, coats & a variety of other clothing, afghans, blankets, toys & even a darling mobile for a baby.

Scrapbooking--historical, genealogy family scrapbooks with photos & historical documents dating back to late 1700's. I use antique linens & jewelry in my pages.