Headaches looking advise please

Options
Guys I've been suffering bad headaches the past couple weeks really from i started this journey, they are all day everyday,
anybody go throw this when they changed there diet?
Anybody any tips on what I can do?
Doctor said just take paracetamol and drink water which I'm doing

Thx

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Did you give a food group or caffeine up?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Diary closed. Are you eating enough?
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat enough and you are working out a lot ... you could very well get headaches.
  • Lo0n3y
    Lo0n3y Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Diarys opened now, I haven't really had an appetite the past couple days due to having this and everytime I get up I feel dizzy and wee white stars. I haven't gave up food except the bad foods, I had a Turkish delight to see if it's chocolate I dunno what to do :( doctor won't do anything take parcedomol and drink water
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Diarys opened now, I haven't really had an appetite the past couple days due to having this and everytime I get up I feel dizzy and wee white stars. I haven't gave up food except the bad foods, I had a Turkish delight to see if it's chocolate I dunno what to do :( doctor won't do anything take parcedomol and drink water
    This is just me, and I have had headaches as well, is that I take some medicine that includes a little bit of caffeine in it.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say you are not eating enough.

You should not NET under 1200. Once in a blue moon...okay. But not as frequent as you.

And also ... Eat more, Weigh less. And by that I mean ... pick better foods so that you aren't just eating 5 items a day to reach 1200 calories.

More fruits, veggies, protein...the whole balanced diet might help get you feeling better.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're well under most days. Try to reach your calorie goal, not stay under. If the headaches started when you started restricting, it could be that you're going a little overboard.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    If you are truly tracking your water intake in your diary, you certainly are dehydrated. Drink more water. If you have an issue with plain water, then use a very little fruit juice in it, or get some Crystal Light, Mio, whatever. I also agree with mschicagocubs in that you could eat more fresh fruits and veggies along with lean protein. I would imagine eating a wider variety of fresh foods and increasing your water intake would make you feel better.

If you do this and it doesn't start to improve over a few days, I suggest a new doctor.

Good luck and hope you feel better!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Less caffeine, more water is always a good bet. A lot of people are addicted to caffeine and headaches might actually get worse at first avoiding it but if you persist it can help in the end.

Then again any number of things might cause headaches, dehydration and caffeine are just the most common culprits.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Yes if you're coming off caffeine you'll get headaches galore. Try to avoid painkillers with caffeine in.
    Make sure you're drinking enough water and lastly eat more. If you can't stomach food maybe a home made smoothie. That'll help with hydration and getting your calories in.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    water - water - water

eat your 1200 calories NET (eat back some of the calories you burn)

if you are consuming less caffeine than you usually do - your are going through withdrawals, they will go away w/in 7 days

take the migraine pills to help get rid of the headache as soon as you feel it coming on
  • Lo0n3y
    Lo0n3y Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all ur comments, I will make some changes :)